Bug or Puzzle (Invisible Wall Lvl 13)

Talk about anything Legend of Grimrock 1 related here.
DJK

Bug or Puzzle (Invisible Wall Lvl 13)

Post by DJK »

Something really odd happening... level 13 cemetary. Restricted Area. Just when you take the bend and see some crabs, there is a "invisable" wall blocking my path.. I can see the crabs (and spider) in front of me and they can't seem to go through it either... if I try to run forward it just makes the usual "you can't go that way sound" but it's a plain hallway ...

I had this twice before but in both cases they were tiles in a open room that I could just walk around and so no harm done. Here on the other hand I need to get through to get one of the 4 pieces to continue in the game...

Is this a bug or intentional and a puzzle ? I tried looking up on a walkthrough and they don't mention it...

If it helps I could post a youtube vid and post it here so you see what I mean (if it's not intentional)
Last edited by DJK on Tue Apr 17, 2012 8:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DJK

Re: Invisible Wall

Post by DJK »

Ok here is the vid:
http://youtu.be/Ka5teU79zX4

If this is a bug that means Im stuck forever at the end of the game :o :cry:
Drax

Re: Bug or Puzzle (Invisible Wall Lvl 13)

Post by Drax »

Yeah that wasn't there on my playthrough.
DJK

Post by DJK »

Goodie ... so what do I do now ? :?
DJK

Post by DJK »

Is there a way to "move through this invisible wall" somehow ? with a cheat or anything ? I don't want to be stuck here, and I don't want to start over ... I'm at the end ..
mazander

Post by mazander »

Lvl 2 I had similarly stuck after picking the first bombs. After throwing the bomb to the invisible wall I was able walk normally. Try throwing something.
dark

Re: Invisible Wall

Post by dark »

DJK wrote:Ok here is the vid:
http://youtu.be/Ka5teU79zX4

If this is a bug that means Im stuck forever at the end of the game :o :cry:
I have a feeling that the creature there’s hit box is for some reason stretching out larger than its supposed to be. I’ll bet you anything that if you killed him with ranged attacks that you will be able to then move forward.
robc

Post by robc »

You should post this in the tech support area, maybe they can help.
DJK

Post by DJK »

Nope tried killing all mobs with ranged weapons.. same ... this isn't funny anymore :( I like the game, I like my party... I don't want to start over ... maybe if I give someone my save file, you load it, go forward 2 steps and save and send it back ? Anyone :(
Drax

Post by Drax »

DJK wrote:Nope tried killing all mobs with ranged weapons.. same ... this isn't funny anymore :( I like the game, I like my party... I don't want to start over ... maybe if I give someone my save file, you load it, go forward 2 steps and save and send it back ? Anyone :(
Can try. I'll send you a PM.