How to Extract sound ?

Talk about creating Grimrock 1 levels and mods here. Warning: forum contains spoilers!
wonderdog

How to Extract sound ?

Post by wonderdog »

Hi all ! I want change sms-ringtone on my phone to "Secret found" sound ...
But have no idea how to do this :?
Anyone may help :?:
Darklord

Re: How to Extract sound ?

Post by Darklord »

It really is an awesome sound isn't it! I get excited whenever I hear it! :lol:

Daniel.
A gently fried snail slice is absolutely delicious with a pat of butter...
takis76

Post by takis76 »

Is not hard to record the sound.
Download Audacity , then configure your soundcard to record from what you hear channel.
Then start record in Audacity. (Audacity is a Wave editor like Cool Edit Pro or Adobe Audition).
Even sound blaster's wave editor can do this and any kind of sound recorder , even sound recorder of windows.
Play the game , you will record all sounds you hear and after you finish , trim the waveform of the secret sound and you will have the desire sound for your mobile save it as .wav or .mp3. With this way , I managed to record the portal sound effects from Eye of the Beholder and the introduction music to play it then with keyboard by ear.
kitty

Post by kitty »

takis76 wrote:Is not hard to record the sound.
Download Audacity , then configure your soundcard to record from what you hear channel.
Then start record in Audacity. (Audacity is a Wave editor like Cool Edit Pro or Adobe Audition).
Even sound blaster's wave editor can do this and any kind of sound recorder , even sound recorder of windows.
Play the game , you will record all sounds you hear and after you finish , trim the waveform of the secret sound and you will have the desire sound for your mobile save it as .wav or .mp3. With this way , I managed to record the portal sound effects from Eye of the Beholder and the introduction music to play it then with keyboard by ear.
cmon! this is rly messy.

To topic. In modding section there is a topic with extractor(viewtopic.php?f=14&t=905). Just use that. Simple and efficient.