Geting owned by monsters lv 4 and down

This is the forum for helping you out if you're stuck or if you want to discuss the nitty gritty details of the dungeons within Mount Grimrock. Warning: forum contains spoilers!
dragsaw

Geting owned by monsters lv 4 and down

Post by dragsaw »

It is crazy how meany times my mage and Sword figter are geting killed mainly my sword as she is up frout, but now my mage is geting around 70-80- hp if any magic hits him and the big crabs and posion shroom dudes are murdeing my team, is it the game geting harsh or is my team just suckish
sevtai

Re: Geting owned by monsters lv 4 and down

Post by sevtai »

I had the same sort of problems, the game just gets a little harsh, try doing ALOT more dodging, starting the battle with some kick ass spells, and dont forget to drink those sorrows away with health pots ^^
Yummy, more baked maggots ... bah, give them to the mage ...
nychilly

Post by nychilly »

You answered it yourself. If you get hit you die easily. This isn't a game where you should be standing toe to toe and trading shots with anyone. It's all about kiting enemies. Gain an advantageous spot, as they line up to attack you, hit them a few times, and move before they get set. Then repeat that till their dead.

There are plenty of monsters that can kill you with 1-2 shots. Your only option is to not let them have the opportunity to hit you.
dragsaw

Post by dragsaw »

Ok im doing much beter now, still had to go rez my mage a lot from falling down a pit-puzzle, ONWARD TO LV 6!
Darklord

Post by Darklord »

There is a LOT to be said for getting your mage a few extra HP's. I may go for a Minotaur Mage next time! :lol:

You don't really need to go that far into a an elemental skill to get everything you need from it.

Daniel.
A gently fried snail slice is absolutely delicious with a pat of butter...
blackwoodforest

Post by blackwoodforest »

I got stuck there as well, until I realize i have to "move" while attacking them, one member died but afterwards i just walked back to level 3 and ressurected the member.
cardman

Post by cardman »

little hint - any books u find give them to your weakest player as it gives them 5 skill points :)
pruchel

Post by pruchel »

Have only played hard myself, and with full superplate armor my guys frequently died in 3-4 hits.
This is not a game where you stand still in front of the enemy, do the 2x2 dance.
If you don't know how, watch this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cdpRCd7OekA