How will new information be handled.

Talk about anything Legend of Grimrock 1 related here.
eternal

How will new information be handled.

Post by eternal »

Once the game is released I am sure this place is going to blow up. I mean you guys are creating something special. So I am wondering if the blog will still be utilized and if so will the information also be posted in the forums. Or will we (remember we are rpg players thus very lazy, hehe) have to use both sites for new information?
It might be nice to figure out how to tie them together before things get out of hand and you have millions of members running amok.
Mameluk

Re: How will new information be handled.

Post by Mameluk »

Part of the reason why they created the forum was to allow people to discuss the information given in the blog. It was quite impractical to do it in the blog comment section.

So yeah, I think the blog will be the primary source of information, like it has been so far. The forums are for the little details.
petri

Post by petri »

Yeah, we're still going to post news, announcements and development updates on the blog, so that should still be the primary channel for new information. We hope that the forum will grow up to be much more freeform and hopefully much more interactive than the blog. But we don't have a masterplan for everything so let's see how this will work out :)
eternal

Post by eternal »

I'm not terribly adept at phpbb (I use vbulletin on my site) but when we post an article on our front page we always include a link back to a forum post so that the news and discussion are easily tied together. It only takes the poster of the article an extra minute and it makes things nice and tidy.

Yes I am anal about organization.