Time & Tide, Part 2

This is the forum for helping you out if you're stuck or if you want to discuss the nitty gritty details of the dungeons within Mount Grimrock. Warning: forum contains spoilers!
seebs

Time & Tide, Part 2

Post by seebs »

Got the first part (the portal near the entrance) pretty easily. Second part... Not so easy. I've killed the bird thing, I've jumped into the pits and cleared that area out, but... I'm pretty much not sure what I'm looking for.
SpoilerShow
Basically, I can run along the closing-and-opening pits until I get to a room at which point I run out of floor and fall into the area below. ... which does me no good. Next up, searching the walls on the way, but I'm just wondering if I'm missing something more fundamental.
Draken

Re: Time & Tide, Part 2

Post by Draken »

If i remember correctly, what you need is a scroll... at the very end.

Im sorry if im being too obscure... i can hardly remember what came after the first puzzle.
seebs

Post by seebs »

Found it:
SpoilerShow
There's a pressure plate you can toss a rock at to open the door at the end.
dragsaw

Post by dragsaw »

how the hell do i get the key in the room you fall in to if you fail?
EvoluZion3

Post by EvoluZion3 »

SpoilerShow
on the last square before the gate, turn left and throw something onto the pressure pad to open the gate. also, two steps along from the start there is a hidden button on the right that will open a wall further along (still part of the pit test) where you can get some (armour?) from an altar if you're quick.
elriytane

Post by elriytane »

i cant do this part, i dont know what to do, i see a button on the floor and after 3 ticks a blue light apears on the second pit, but how do you get to it as the first pit is open and i just fall doen it ??????????

seebs wrote:Got the first part (the portal near the entrance) pretty easily. Second part... Not so easy. I've killed the bird thing, I've jumped into the pits and cleared that area out, but... I'm pretty much not sure what I'm looking for.
SpoilerShow
Basically, I can run along the closing-and-opening pits until I get to a room at which point I run out of floor and fall into the area below. ... which does me no good. Next up, searching the walls on the way, but I'm just wondering if I'm missing something more fundamental.
Drax

Post by Drax »

elriytane wrote:i cant do this part, i dont know what to do, i see a button on the floor and after 3 ticks a blue light apears on the second pit, but how do you get to it as the first pit is open and i just fall doen it ??????????
SpoilerShow
There's some stuff to throw nearby that might help you out ;-)
sevtai

Post by sevtai »

elriytane wrote:i cant do this part, i dont know what to do, i see a button on the floor and after 3 ticks a blue light apears on the second pit, but how do you get to it as the first pit is open and i just fall doen it ??????????
SpoilerShow
If you cant get through the portal yourself, maybe somthing else can??
BIG HINT
SpoilerShow
Dont try and go through the portal, instead try and throw somthing through it
Yummy, more baked maggots ... bah, give them to the mage ...
Melvoid

Post by Melvoid »

i found this works if im right about which portal you mean.
SpoilerShow
to get to the book you need to put something on the trapdoor where the portal appears, then step on the plate/switch, when the portal appears it should take the item and open the door to the book.