What features are expected to be part of the dungeon editor?

Talk about anything Legend of Grimrock 1 related here.
UncleSporky

What features are expected to be part of the dungeon editor?

Post by UncleSporky »

Apologies if this is far too early to talk about, or if it's already been discussed.

I'm really looking forward to the editor, and would like to know what sorts of things we can expect to be able to modify with it. Much is obvious about what a dungeon editor would allow you to do, but other things are questionable. If we knew some of these things, perhaps ambitious people could get started on content early!

- Will we be able to add custom music/ambience?

- Will we be able to edit item properties? In other words, give that starting cudgel +10 to all stats? :P

- Assuming we can't edit 3D models of items, will we at least be able to change their inventory icon?

- Will we be able to edit monster properties, like damage dealt, resistances etc.?

- Assuming we can't edit animations or models of monsters, will we be able to apply a quick color overlay or something to make our own "palette swaps?"

- Assuming we can't edit dungeon walls/tilesets, I would love an option to have perfectly flat walls/floors/ceilings that we can apply a flat texture to, maybe even a bump map. It'd be easy to simulate our favorite dungeons from the old days. :)

Any news on this subject would be greatly appreciated. Can't wait. I just don't want to make a custom soundtrack for my dungeon and then find out we aren't able to mess with audio!
IndigoAK

Re: What features are expected to be part of the dungeon edi

Post by IndigoAK »

I would to see them give us the kind of access to the game that Runic did for Torchlight. Runic pretty much gave the modding community access to the engine itself and said, "Have at it, guys!"
Lmaoboat

Re: What features are expected to be part of the dungeon edi

Post by Lmaoboat »

I hope it supports 3d skyboxes so that you can make some scenic vistas.