NEWS: standalone version available through grimrock.net

Talk about anything Legend of Grimrock 1 related here.
Wu Tse

Re: NEWS: standalone version available through grimrock.net

Post by Wu Tse »

Kthanid:
No, that's not at all true, at least it's not anymore true than saying "anyone who buys it from GOG get's infinite copies to give to whoever they choose".
What you are buying is a single license to the game, what you are being given is several avenues to install that game.
Patchumz:
The Humble Bundle (most popular indie game bundle) usually gives at least Steam and standalone, if not Desura and other services too, this is no different.
true. you are both right. i didn't think about these examples.

:P Wu Tse
mrgrimm

Post by mrgrimm »

I have just purchased 2 copies. One for me and one for a friend. I cannot wait for this game! Thank you for bringing back my wonder from games like Eye of the Beholder and Dungeon Hack and many more! Really THANK YOU!..... ok... I'm calmer now..... sorry for the outburst.
flyingelvis

Post by flyingelvis »

Hmmm... I pre-ordered from AH directly and was given a steam key and link to download the goodies. But I am worried I did not get an email. Will I get an email with the link to the standalone download on the 11th? Did everyone else get an email with details of the purchase?
Patchumz

Post by Patchumz »

flyingelvis wrote:Hmmm... I pre-ordered from AH directly and was given a steam key and link to download the goodies. But I am worried I did not get an email. Will I get an email with the link to the standalone download on the 11th? Did everyone else get an email with details of the purchase?
Check your junk mail, you should get one nearly immediately.
Kthanid

Post by Kthanid »

flyingelvis wrote:Will I get an email with the link to the standalone download on the 11th? Did everyone else get an email with details of the purchase?
You should have received an email from "Humble Store" with your purchase information and the URL to the "Unique Humble URL" (this is the page you found the goodies and Steam key on). I believe it was stated that your standalone download will appear on this page as well on April 11th.
flyingelvis

Post by flyingelvis »

Well, fortunately I bookmarked the page with the "unique Humble URL:" so I should be good. If not, I have the transaction ID in my paypal payment email.

Looking forward to getting the game!
Darklord

Post by Darklord »

flyingelvis wrote:Well, fortunately I bookmarked the page with the "unique Humble URL:" so I should be good. If not, I have the transaction ID in my paypal payment email.
Yeah the email just contains a link to that page in it. You should be good. :)

Daniel.
A gently fried snail slice is absolutely delicious with a pat of butter...
Rixa

Post by Rixa »

Between Paypal notifications mail and the mail from Humble Store I had 54 minutes cap. Not sure was it due to fact I didnt have Steam account, which I made same time as I was paying to paypal :P. Anyways, will DL directly from you when the time comes.
Kuuskutonen

Post by Kuuskutonen »

I preordered on GoG the second it became available. Well after that I found out I could buy it directly from you (you'll get more money if it's bought via your own website?) and I bought it also from your site. Now I get it on steam, gog and the standalone :D

You deserve all the money. I've been waiting for this game for so long and now I finally decided to make forum account instead of just lurking around
Blade Runner

Post by Blade Runner »

Kudos to you for providing the standalone version as a pre-order incentive along with early access to all the bonus material. After seeing this promotion, I immediately purchased the game through your site. I am also going to send a link to all of my friends and encourage them to pre-order as well. Hopefully, this means you will receive a greater percentage of the proceeds. Thanks for thinking about the customers first and putting together - what looks to be - a wonderful game.