so am i the only save biatch who find save slot limit

Talk about anything Legend of Grimrock 1 related here.
userwords

so am i the only save biatch who find save slot limit

Post by userwords »

level 3 and found save slot limit

if i searched right im the only save biatch in planet earth who found this limit and care about it

im kind of save maniac

i would save after a successful fart if i could XD

moved something in inventory, time to to save

searched for supa secret buttons in a single passage, time to save

saw an enemy in the distance, time to save

used torch to a few walls, time to save before using torch then look then load previous and if i found some button time to save before pressing XDDDDD

freud would have a lot to say about me :lol:
Last edited by userwords on Fri Apr 13, 2012 3:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Darklord

Re: so am i the only save biatch who find save slot limit

Post by Darklord »

What is the limit? Mass Effect 3 had a limit to. (it made me scroll at the way to the bottom to overight...)

Daniel.
A gently fried snail slice is absolutely delicious with a pat of butter...
petri

Post by petri »

The limit is 100. Yeah, you can remove save games from the save game folder manually to make space.
userwords

Post by userwords »

99 ups +1

but u can just cut them out from save folder leaving last one so u keep them in another folder and keep saving more XD
Myeka

Post by Myeka »

you forgot: just saved 3 times, time to save my saved files! ;)
dark

Post by dark »

How on earth can anyone use up 100 saves slots already and ONLY be on level three? That is just crazy!

First off, you should have two saves that you alternate and that is written over every time you think you need to save while on a level. This save will be for those times you think a trap is going to get you or you’re unsure of what’s happening next. I save like that. And make one save per start of each level.

You need to break you crazed saving habit dude. You’re probably a paranoid type person aren’t ya?
Breogan

Post by Breogan »

I used 163 saves to finish the game :D So you're not the only one :p
Curunir

Post by Curunir »

Jeez, people, I'm riding on one autosave and one manual save named "First party" that I constantly overwrite :D
HeavyMetalMonk

Post by HeavyMetalMonk »

Breogan wrote:I used 163 saves to finish the game :D So you're not the only one :p
Thats 163 saves, not save files.

Channel your OCD into something else OP, might be more productive.
amicus

Post by amicus »

I think the best way of doing savegames is to just use about ten of them, with generic names like 1, 2, 3 etc. Only save every 10 minutes or after a big fight or completing a puzzle, and go in order from 1 to 10, and then go back to number 1 again and just start overwriting the old savegames with new ones, so you only ever have the same 10. If you die you can just load the most recent one, but if you ever make a huge mistake realise you have already saved since the mistake, you at least have lots more to choose from going back in time.

The number you choose in total should reflect the complexity of the game, the time it takes to make progress in the game, and the potential for making huge mistakes. There are not too many big mistakes you can make in this game so I only use several saves. But in a huge adventure like Baldur's Gate and where you might accidently lose or destroy an item, I like to have maybe 20 saves which goes back many hours just in case something goes wrong and I need to go way back and then continue from there. Hope this makes sense.