The exact effects of Vitality and Will Power

This is the forum for helping you out if you're stuck or if you want to discuss the nitty gritty details of the dungeons within Mount Grimrock. Warning: forum contains spoilers!
Chronorider

The exact effects of Vitality and Will Power

Post by Chronorider »

Does anyone knows the value of the bonus Vitality and Will Power give to Health and Energy (respectively) per level? I know the initial bonus is 2.5 per a point, but I want to know the effect of the attributes in subsequent levels.
Chronorider

Re: The exact effects of Vitality and Will Power

Post by Chronorider »

Alright, after employing the scientific method it seems to work like this:

Every level each character gains 1-3 points of health and 1-3 points of energy. This value is random. Each character then gains 1 extra point of health for each two points of Vitality above 10. I am did not test varying values of Will Power but I think it is somewhat safe to assume it works the same.

Fighters and Rogues seem to gain the same amount of Health each level.

Things to keep in mind:
-I only ran about 20 trials, so the results may not be completely accurate.
-I only tested the changes in values when leveling from level 1 to level 2. The values can possibly be different based on what level you enter. For example, Rogues and Fighters may only gain the same HP every other level. This requires further experiments under differing conditions to debunk.
-The test subjects were all humans. Race might have an impact on these values.

I hope this helps someone out there.