Normal is easy ?

Talk about anything Legend of Grimrock 1 related here.
Botiquita

Normal is easy ?

Post by Botiquita »

I finally got some time to play a couple of uninterrupted hours of LoG, absolutely brilliant indeed.
I first tried the game on Hard difficulty and had a tough time from the very first level, so i decided to start a new game on normal setting.
What happened ? I literally breezed through the first two levels. Hard was tough and normal extremely easy. What is your suggestion in terms of difficulty setting ?

Best regards.
Darklord

Re: Normal is easy ?

Post by Darklord »

Depends how good you/your party is I guess, I'm finding normal to be a challenge and have died/reloaded many times.

Play the difficulty you like I guess. :)

Daniel.
A gently fried snail slice is absolutely delicious with a pat of butter...
gasgas

Post by gasgas »

I find normal to be balanced if your party is not perfectly built, but later on you'll realise that wasting skill points on useless stuff really matters (At the moment what confuses me the most is rogue class, I don't know what skills to choose, and I end up making a useless character that isn't good at anything). Haven't tried hard mode yet, I won't untill I figure out how to make a good party.
stubbie

Post by stubbie »

I also tried hard difficulty. It was okay for a while but when I came across 3 skeleton warriors at once I was unable to continue any further.
I am simply unable to use WSAD controls effectively with real time combat. My fingers are all over the keyboard in the heat of the battle and I end up facing left when I meant to strafe right for example. :oops:

So now I'm playing normal difficulty and basically going head to head with the enemies.
Darklord

Post by Darklord »

stubbie wrote:I also tried hard difficulty. It was okay for a while but when I came across 3 skeleton warriors at once I was unable to continue any further.
I am simply unable to use WSAD controls effectively with real time combat. My fingers are all over the keyboard in the heat of the battle and I end up facing left when I meant to strafe right for example. :oops:
Yeah skeletons are quite easy to beat once you find their rhythm, if you are handy enough with the keyboard. Not like Spiders/Crabs, nasty things! :evil:

Daniel.
Stalkingwolf

Post by Stalkingwolf »

the only thing i know is that hard=hard.
There are some areas, where you get surrounded quickly by enemies, when you hit the area the first time, or solve a puzzle
This is mostly instant death.

when i take a look at Kingdoms of Amalur or Darksiders. The games are easy on the hardest difficulty setting.
In KoA i defeated the endboss in the first try on hard :-( same in Skyrim .... that's so boring.
He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster
GhoXen

Post by GhoXen »

In the latter levels, depending on your resistance and gear, things can become very hard on Normal. The first two levels were supposed to be easy. Rest assured, you will get a challenge, whether from combat or traps.
Last edited by GhoXen on Fri Apr 13, 2012 2:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
stage

Post by stage »

Normal is pretty hard tbh I do so many reloads and you die if you get surrounded as well.

About fighting, as long as you have 2x2 tiles every mobs is easy once you learn how to grid dance with him, and is quite funny. :)
So in the end i Think Normal difficult is ok as it is even if I find some monsters quite hard, and specially on some of the places were you get swarmed by more then one.
spfiota

Post by spfiota »

I've only played hard mode. That said, I wouldn't judge normal's difficulty level until you've reached level 3 at least. That's the point at which the difficulty ramps up on hard mode. I bet even in normal you'll find yourself struggling to stay alive.
Darklord

Post by Darklord »

spfiota wrote: I bet even in normal you'll find yourself struggling to stay alive.
Yep! :lol:

Daniel.