Reconmented memory for LoG1?

Talk about anything Legend of Grimrock 1 related here.
trancelistic

Reconmented memory for LoG1?

Post by trancelistic »

Hey, I saw people talking about the "out of memory" or "to much memory" in LoG 2

Now I'm wondering what is reconmented for LoG 1?

The editor loads my MOD and its arround 720 a 730 mb memory use. Is this ok? ( see picture)

Again sorry for my lack in English.
minmay

Re: Reconmented memory for LoG1?

Post by minmay »

Anything below 1.4 GiB at max settings should be fine. The differences in what is serialized means that LoG1 mods can get away with using a bit more memory than LoG2 mods, so going past that will probably be okay too, but you'd have to try pretty hard to use that much memory anyway.
Grimrock 1 dungeon
Grimrock 2 resources
I no longer answer scripting questions in private messages. Please ask in a forum topic or this Discord server.
trancelistic

Post by trancelistic »

Thanks for the info Minmay. Appriciated it.<3

I only asked because my mod is acting weird on locations ( made ages ago) If I add a new plate to a "something"later on, then it messes up plates linked to things that is been there since start.

I though it might be a memory issue that is cousing it. ( E.G a plate suddenyl connected to level x, not on the same level) Its 1: not possible to do that, second its not scripted. Its a direct link. Yet it does it. haha. But I fixed most of it. Uploading my "noob" MOD this week.:)
minmay

Post by minmay »

Connectors are based on entity names. If you change the name of an entity then connectors to it will stop working.
Grimrock 1 dungeon
Grimrock 2 resources
I no longer answer scripting questions in private messages. Please ask in a forum topic or this Discord server.
trancelistic

Post by trancelistic »

I know minway. Thanks for the help though.

But its not like that. If I even add a new secret wall on level 1. Then some triggers go nuts. all random.

I asked some people IN PM to confirm this, it happens at them as well.

The biggest prob I have now is that I can't change the portraits no way.
It works in a new dungeon created. Np. all works

In my mod it even refuses to load the portraits even if've deleted all levels, but level 1.
Second I've tried to remove all scripts on level 1, since all the other levels are deleted.. So the dungeon has zero scripts anymore since all levels are gone with all scripts.
Yep stil can't export the portraits in that mod... But If i copy the portraits to a new dungeon, it exports just fine.. SO strange.
I'm kinda clueless why lol..

It must be an assest as a friend told me. That is preventing this all.

Yeah.. so still stuck upon releasing the mod.:(

edit: Here is a small video you see it works in a new exported dungeon. It must be some kind of esset that messes my potraits and cinametics up...:(

Code: Select all

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_GW8VpG0ifY
Guess I'm a noob forever<3