How do you change the text font on scrolls etc?

Ask for help about creating mods and scripts for Grimrock 2 or share your tips, scripts, tools and assets with other modders here. Warning: forum contains spoilers!
WaspUK1966

How do you change the text font on scrolls etc?

Post by WaspUK1966 »

I notice in the main game, the text font on the scrolls (eg Recipe) is in Bold print, which looks nice. However, when using the editor, any text I put on the scrolls (or anything else) seems to be in italic and not that easy to read. Can I change this, so they look like the one's ingame?
Thanks
George
AndakRainor

Re: How do you change the text font on scrolls etc?

Post by AndakRainor »

Never tried that but when I read this:
http://www.grimrock.net/modding/scripti ... mComponent
it seems there is no way to do it directly.
May be you could use ScrollItemComponent:setScrollImage(string) with an image file containing the text you want ?
minmay

Post by minmay »

WaspUK1966 wrote:I notice in the main game, the text font on the scrolls (eg Recipe) is in Bold print, which looks nice. However, when using the editor, any text I put on the scrolls (or anything else) seems to be in italic and not that easy to read. Can I change this, so they look like the one's ingame?
Thanks
George
They will already look like the ones in the main campaign. The font changes depending on resolution, and the editor preview isn't high resolution enough for it to switch to the larger font. When the mod is played in 1920x1080 fullscreen it will use the bold font.
Grimrock 1 dungeon
Grimrock 2 resources
I no longer answer scripting questions in private messages. Please ask in a forum topic or this Discord server.
WaspUK1966

Post by WaspUK1966 »

Thanks for that. I know it worked in LOG1, just thought LOG2 was different. Hadn't exported the mod to test it. Should have done before posting! Appreciate the replies. Thanks again.

George