[MOD] Call Of House Hardabar

Are you looking for fun Custom Dungeons that you could play or do you want to share your mod with others? Then this forum is for you!
DonEmilio

Re: [MOD] Call Of House Hardabar

Post by DonEmilio »

This was my favorite match, I think: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cbuk1y6 ... b3&index=6
DonEmilio

Post by DonEmilio »

BUG in futuristic force fields. Characters can pass, magics and shots can't (after being deactivated). I noticed it when I tried the “machariu's bfg 9000”, it exploded in my face and killed me. Also in the fight with the combat droids the strongest droid can teleport behind a futuristic force field and get trapped. Wouldn't it be better to replace these force fields with the original Grimrock 2 force fields? That would solve the problem, I guess.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eVTuLITSIBM
DonEmilio

Post by DonEmilio »

Obtained the fastest ending (SPOILER WARNING):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3zRkXSOyZuE

It has moved me :D, with a song of “Il était une fois... la Vie”, "Il était une fois... l'espace", I recognized the sound immediately.

There are still a lot of secrets to discover and I have to get the full ending. I will issue a verdict when it is 100% finished.
DonEmilio

Post by DonEmilio »

I got the second final, I killed the lich king, here are the stats:

https://ibb.co/pWxJJQt

I have left a LOT of secrets, now I will find them gradually with the help of the ancient aparatus and the gem that finds secret buttons.
DonEmilio

Post by DonEmilio »

I had to face today the “abyssal horror” in these visual conditions (visual bug):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F9StT45ib-k

Cleaning "Gaugamel fields" of monsters and unexpected discovery:

https://youtu.be/uvBNKTnvuag
DonEmilio

Post by DonEmilio »

My actual stats (king lich dead, stargate ready):

https://ibb.co/zFwJN6Z
https://ibb.co/c6rQjDQ

316 of 319 secrets.
SpoilerShow

WHAT NEEDS IMPROVEMENT (my criteria):

- The breakable walls of the Hardabar's castle type are almost impossible to differentiate from the normal ones (taking into account movement and light changes), in practice all the ones I broke were by trying to hit everything, not by looking at them visually.

- Riddles describing an object to put in an alcove are abused, the player ends up getting bored and looking at the riddle on the internet (they are common riddles that already exist), because he does not feel like looking for objects that can match that description among the pile of objects that the 4 characters, who in turn have wooden boxes and sacks full of objects, have in their inventory.

- "The X marks the place" puzzle in "Darntkhang Stringhold" is not very clear, maybe there should be some symbol on the tiles where you have to put the objects.

- In "Redwood Mine Level 1", the puzzle of the weights and alcoves, there is a bug with an object that says it weighs 10 kilos but actually does not weigh 10 kilos, that bug makes you get stuck without a solution and without knowing what you do wrong, it happened to me and I almost went crazy, until I read in this forum and I started to try with other objects.

- In the planetarium there is an important bug where putting well the spheres under the clouds the door does not open, to get this puzzle right there are only two ways to do, the first is to do it right the first time, the second way is to press the reset button, down the stairs to the academy, back up the stairs to the planetarium, press reset again and then place the spheres and the door will always open.

- There is a visual bug in "Kelem Zelem Grotto" (which only happens sometimes) and it looks terrible and you can see through the walls.

- The puzzle in "Jungle" of "Fallen Warrior" is too confusing, especially because it gives the impression that it is something much more complicated than it really is.

- The time puzzle on the first floor of the "Mansion" level in "Malan Tael" is too complicated (although I solved it without help), I discovered it in desperation by trying things that seemed absurd to me (and with luck).

- "King Gil Anadin Tomb" key is practically impossible to discover without someone telling you, the same with the potion under the console of the sarcophagus (I read it in this forum).

- In "Obanyon Core" you can get stuck if you put the three movable blocks to the west without being able to progress in this level.

- In "Obanyon Core", in the southeast part, you can get stuck in a room that you teleport to if you didn't open the door with a switch before, you would have to put a switch to open the door inside the room too.

- The guy in the "Iron Temple" that you have to get 10 ashes from drake actually gives him 10 and he gives you back 4, he only really needs 6. It may seem silly but getting 4 more ashes can take a long time (depending on your luck).

- There is a bug in futuristic force fields (the ARC, Stargate, etc...), even if they are deactivated neither magics nor projectiles can pass through them. Also in the fight with the combat droids it is very easy that the strongest droid that teleports gets trapped in a nearby force field and you can't kill it and you get stuck without being able to leave the room forever.

- Tanhauser's Initial Puzzle is misleading because it allows you to easily create a T in 5x5 with light magic bridges (which at first glance seems the goal), but then it turns out that what you have to do is the opposite, illuminate everything but that T in 5x5 and passing only once for each square, even having been solved did not seem very logical to me. In Tanhauser basement "I think" that there is also another bug moving the blocks, the blocks do not have reset button and you can pile them in a corner without the possibility of being moved from there and therefore be impossible to advance more (although this is something I saw when I had Decimate in my possession, I would have to check it in a gameplay and I have no savegame before).

- Many levels are difficult, not because of their puzzles, but simply because they are too labyrinthine, for example the futuristic levels (The ARK + Command Center + Biodome) and Obanyon (Core, Level 1, Level 2), or too difficult because you can't see well on the stage important objects to pick up (yellow keys on yellow ground or yellow disk on yellow ground, for example).

- The mod is intended to be difficult, and it achieves this by far in the boss fights, however the normal monsters that are in the levels (which are not bosses) have too much vitality and it takes too long to kill them, plus they are very numerous, this is quite boring because you have to be retreating to rest or heal and return or go to "safe zone" (areas from which monsters are programmed not to pass), it has no merit and requires no skill in combat. Better less enemies and less resistant, more fun and reserve the difficulty for the bosses.

- Excessive enemy spawning in some areas, in fact I would say that without the "bow of the elements" and its magic you can't do anything in biodome or the lowest level of command center. I also found the spawning in "Dagamon Plains" and "The Hive" to be excessive.

- A lot of time is wasted walking from one place to another in some combination of places, I would say that teleporters are missing.

- It doesn't seem logical to me that you have to click on objects in the scenery that have no difference with respect to others to find a secret or a useful object (although in these cases they are always optional things).

- There are many secrets or secrets that do not count as secrets but in reality are secrets that are practically impossible to discover if they do not tell you, I do not know if this is intentional (to talk a lot about the game) or if it is intended that the player discovers it by himself really, in any case in my opinion impossible or almost impossible things should not exist.

THE BEST (my criteria):

We all know what is the best thing about this mod: its story, the great imagination, its technological quality, the new textures, the amount of characters to interact with, the music chosen for each level or boss (it couldn't be better), the feeling of really living an adventure, the interest and curiosity for the story and for what you may not see or know. I think this mod could become THE BEST, not Grimrock 2 mod, but DUNGEON CRAWLER of all time if everything I have put above was fixed. Four easy-to-fix silly things are what prevent it from being the best.

Many thanks to Bongobeat for creating this game. If anyone wants to exchange level maps I'd be happy to talk to me privately, I'd love to see and discover everything I've missed. I will rest for a couple of months and then I will run this mod in hard mode trying to discover more secrets (although I see difficult to find more). Hopefully by then there will be an update for this game with improvements :D
Last edited by DonEmilio on Fri Jun 21, 2024 4:11 am, edited 4 times in total.
DonEmilio

Post by DonEmilio »

sapientCrow wrote: Tue Jul 11, 2023 7:49 pm
olavimuff.ee wrote: Tue Jul 11, 2023 6:45 pm I am still obsessed with that code. I figured out that when counting from top left to bottom right and giving numbers for buttons then
SpoilerShow
solution is 436125.

How the hell you solved it with numbers 20-5, 12-8 and 7-18?
I first made this image below
And then it made sense with the numbers since if you count the squares from top left and right in rows downward they line up

the thing is like the gate to Mt Khand it felt like either there is a timer between them that is needed or there is another sequence the order of the riddle
Hi man! I wrote down on a paper and numbered the boxes (5 columns, 4 rows), I intended to try all the combinations but as there were too many buttons I saw that it was not possible, WHERE did you get those numbers (12-8, 20-5 and 7-18)?
DonEmilio

Post by DonEmilio »

It has cost me a lot to find this secret (although it is quite stupid, both the secret and its reward, it's like if I have a tank and I get a knife), I expose it so that no one feels the pain that I have felt :D

(SPOILER ALERT) Secret OBANYON CORE form NORTH RAVANAKUL: (SPOILER ALERT)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xzuztChMEZ4
Last edited by DonEmilio on Wed Jun 19, 2024 12:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DonEmilio

Post by DonEmilio »

Secret arriving from the Malan Tael Housing to Malan Tael Academy (forge of time and moon gems):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oobI_NTywBQ