[WIP] Mine Tileset

Talk about creating Grimrock 1 levels and mods here. Warning: forum contains spoilers!
Asteroth

Re: [WIP] Mine Tileset

Post by Asteroth »

I have made a wallset. Your wallset beat it and made it admit you're awesome.
I am the God of darkness and corruption.
viewtopic.php?f=14&t=4250
akroma222

Post by akroma222 »

Looking forward to seeing the mine wall set!! Very nice work indeed :D
Phitt

Post by Phitt »

Tileset is done (actually the tileset itself was done a week ago already). Now I only need to finish my dungeon, but I've just completed level 4 and level 5 will be the final boss level. I have some nice plans for that one, but need fbx support to export skin data. Apart from that I need to add all the items (weapons/armor/ingredients etc etc). Still, I (hope I) will need beta testers soon to find bugs/problems and balance the dungeon, anyone interested? If there are any writers around here I would appreciate help as well in that regard, I'm not a native English speaker and I would be glad if someone would help me with writing a few notes (similar to Toorum notes) and the intro text.
Skuggasveinn

Post by Skuggasveinn »

great news, I'm looking forward to play your dungeon, what I've seen so far looks awesome :)

Skuggasveinn.
Link to all my LoG 2 assets on Nexus.
Link to all my LoG 1 assets on Nexus.
akroma222

Post by akroma222 »

Phitt!

I am very happy to help you with writing notes and texts (I have done this for others - as I have written academic papers for years now) and am also very keen to beta test your dungeon mod :D

Very happy to hear your wall set is finished!!! (I have actually been waiting on it for weeks - the next level of my mod is using your wall set ;) )

PM me the details for all your text work :D
Thanks again for making such a great wall set!!
JohnWordsworth

Post by JohnWordsworth »

Hi Phitt, would be more than happy to give your dungeon a run through for testing and balancing purposes. Will be great to see the Mine tileset in action for the first time.

FBX Support is pretty close now, I've got an almost working command line fbx <-> grim3d converter (which will be embedded in the GMT as a DLL in the long run). I've got the Cave Crab and the bone nodes exporting, I just need to export the vertex weights too and then you should be able to load up a Grimrock model in 3DS Max with a full skeleton. :)
My Grimrock Projects Page with links to the Grimrock Model Toolkit, GrimFBX, Atlas Toolkit, QuickBar, NoteBook and the Oriental Weapons Pack.
Phitt

Post by Phitt »

akroma222 wrote:Phitt!

I am very happy to help you with writing notes and texts (I have done this for others - as I have written academic papers for years now) and am also very keen to beta test your dungeon mod :D

Very happy to hear your wall set is finished!!! (I have actually been waiting on it for weeks - the next level of my mod is using your wall set ;) )

PM me the details for all your text work :D
Thanks again for making such a great wall set!!
Thank you! I already started writing down the details and will send them over to you soon, along with a 'beta' beta so you have a better understanding what belongs where.
JohnWordsworth wrote:Hi Phitt, would be more than happy to give your dungeon a run through for testing and balancing purposes. Will be great to see the Mine tileset in action for the first time.

FBX Support is pretty close now, I've got an almost working command line fbx <-> grim3d converter (which will be embedded in the GMT as a DLL in the long run). I've got the Cave Crab and the bone nodes exporting, I just need to export the vertex weights too and then you should be able to load up a Grimrock model in 3DS Max with a full skeleton. :)
Great, thanks, will send you a PM once I'm done adding items and after a playthrough (to avoid sending over a totally unbalanced mess)!

Looking forward to the fbx export, will make a lot of things possible that weren't before. I assume we can also import animations then? Xanithar's animation tool is really nice (used it to adjust the pullchain so it doesn't clip with the walls), but for creating new animations it's a bit of a pain to use.
Xanathar

Post by Xanathar »

it's a bit of a pain to use.
It's a total pain 8-)
Waking Violet (Steam, PS4, PSVita, Switch) : http://www.wakingviolet.com

The Sunset Gate [MOD]: viewtopic.php?f=14&t=5563

My preciousss: http://www.moonsharp.org
AmiDARK

Post by AmiDARK »

phitt,
if you need beta tester, I may be *proud* to be one of these ;)

Regards,
AmiDARK
Masterdoomer

Post by Masterdoomer »

I really want to use this tileset!!! :D