Dungeon Editor Public Beta

Talk about creating Grimrock 1 levels and mods here. Warning: forum contains spoilers!
WeApOn

Re: Dungeon Editor Public Beta

Post by WeApOn »

Does the editor(or will it in the future) support Steam Cloud? Will I be able to work on a dungeon in progress at multiple locations without having to send the file to each computer?
SP-0n3

Post by SP-0n3 »

WeApOn wrote:Does the editor(or will it in the future) support Steam Cloud? Will I be able to work on a dungeon in progress at multiple locations without having to send the file to each computer?
I suggest using DropBox or Google Drive for that stuff. They're free and nicely working too. :)
When there is No More Room In Hell, the dead will walk the earth!
Komag

Post by Komag »

but is it possible to set up the game to point to such a directory?
Finished Dungeons - complete mods to play
WeApOn

Post by WeApOn »

SP-0n3 wrote:
WeApOn wrote:Does the editor(or will it in the future) support Steam Cloud? Will I be able to work on a dungeon in progress at multiple locations without having to send the file to each computer?
I suggest using DropBox or Google Drive for that stuff. They're free and nicely working too. :)
Definitely. Was planning on Google Drive :)

Just wasn't sure if Steam Cloud was currently supported. Figured I'd ask before sending my files over. Is there just one file per dungeon, or a whole directory?

Thanks!
Cirrus0

Post by Cirrus0 »

Komag wrote:but is it possible to set up the game to point to such a directory?
Yes, that is achieved via links within the filesystem.

For further reading i suggest:
http://dropboxifier.codeplex.com/
That seems to be the most userfriendly way to do it :)
WeApOn

Post by WeApOn »

Is there a way to move to a new line on a 'note'? I am trying to leave a detailed message but am finding that the text goes off the note. Any way to go to the next line, or is there another asset I should be using for longer notes?

Also -- Any way to start the player without a torch?
WeApOn

Post by WeApOn »

petri wrote:
WeApOn wrote:
petri wrote: Afaik you're the only one reporting. Do you have any DirectX tweaks installed?
Negative. I'm running dual monitors, using an NVIDIA GTX 570, drivers up to date. All I have attempted so far was to create a 'note' and I keep experiencing this flashing/blinking while editing it. I'll continue to work with other objects and see if it persists.
That's strange. We have dual monitors here at the office and no blinking.. Hmm.

EDIT: does it matter if you have preview on/off? Does window size have any effect on the blinking?
Flashing is occurring again, not in note editor, and preview window is default size.
Jgwman

Post by Jgwman »

WeApOn wrote:Is there a way to move to a new line on a 'note'? I am trying to leave a detailed message but am finding that the text goes off the note. Any way to go to the next line, or is there another asset I should be using for longer notes?

Also -- Any way to start the player without a torch?
This (torch) only happens in the editor. Once you export it as an actual dungeon and play it through Grimrock>Custom Dungeons, then they start out without a torch.

I was having the same problem with the note, but \n should do it. However, I KNOW that \n works in a scroll, so if a scroll works instead of a note, you can just do that.
Salem Pulsifer

Post by Salem Pulsifer »

Hello everyone,

I have a very "strange bug" in my editor with the stairs. Pictures talk a lot more than me :

Right here you can see that there is nothing next to the stair :

But, in preview :
I don't think this normal, no?

And it does the same in every direction.

Some little questions : How did we decide where the stairs goes from one level to another ?
And I wanted to know if there is possible to implant an editor launcher cause getting the game on before launching the editor is pretty damn boring.

[Edit]

Ok, That's not a bug : It's just Totally counter-intuitive ! It's need to facing the other direction than the hall ... Seriously ? The opening is the facing, for me.
Komag

Post by Komag »

Also, you will have some minor graphic issues in the hallway that is kitty-corner if you have the stairs that close - one more square away on all sides is safest
Finished Dungeons - complete mods to play