The One Room Round Robin 2 [Help] [Secrets Guide released]

Talk about creating Grimrock 1 levels and mods here. Warning: forum contains spoilers!
JimBob

Re: The One Room Round Robin 2 [Help]

Post by JimBob »

One with Nothing.
SpoilerShow
I have the blue staff and have used it in the other side but I don't know how to open the second gate.Can anyone help?
Diarmuid

Post by Diarmuid »

JimBob wrote:One with Nothing.
SpoilerShow
I have the blue staff and have used it in the other side but I don't know how to open the second gate.Can anyone help?
It's a bit imprecise... are you talking about the "ornated" gate, next to where you push a button that fires a blob into a wall?
JimBob

Post by JimBob »

Diarmuid wrote:
SpoilerShow
It's a bit imprecise... are you talking about the "ornated" gate, next to where you push a button that fires a blob into a wall?
SpoilerShow
After you activate the pressure pad and fire the blue staff at the teleporter next to it,a blue circle appears at the far end.If you then fire the staff (or anything) again, it hits the blue circle and then comes out of the orange circle and hits a gate opposite.I assume you have to open this gate, as using the other teleporter does nothing.
Diarmuid

Post by Diarmuid »

JimBob wrote:
Diarmuid wrote:
SpoilerShow
SpoilerShow
After you activate the pressure pad and fire the blue staff at the teleporter next to it,a blue circle appears at the far end.If you then fire the staff (or anything) again, it hits the blue circle and then comes out of the orange circle and hits a gate opposite.I assume you have to open this gate, as using the other teleporter does nothing.
SpoilerShow
You need to go get the yellow rod first and then start having fun with them. Have you played portal? You need first to shoot a blue portal directly at a wall near you and enter it to exit through the yellow one, and then carry on like that.
Diarmuid

Re: The One Room Round Robin 2 [Help] [Secrets Guide release

Post by Diarmuid »

Hey guys, along with patch 3 and the sources which are coming soon, I have released the official secrets and achievements guide. Link available in the first post and here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/sq498nriuevbj ... 0Guide.pdf.

Have fun!
atrane9001

Post by atrane9001 »

Hi, SO far, absolutely love the map, it is the best!
However, I must be really *derping* out here. I've completed all of the little challenges in the Inversion room (killing the beast, pit traps, the keyhole, and the portal), but cannot enter the room with the swirl key in it. am I missing something really obvious?
Edit: nvm. I guess I found it? I had to have stuff on certain plates, and none on others?? This room completely threw my mind. I wouldn't be surprised if this group comes together to make Antichamber 2.
P.S. I will probably be coming back here again and again.
Last edited by atrane9001 on Wed Apr 09, 2014 6:05 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Diarmuid

Post by Diarmuid »

atrane9001 wrote:Hi, SO far, absolutely love the map, it is the best!
However, I must be really *derping* out here. I've completed all of the little challenges in the Inversion room (killing the beast, pit traps, the keyhole, and the portal), but cannot enter the room with the swirl key in it. am I missing something really obvious?
P.S. I will probably be coming back here again and again.
SpoilerShow
You need to press... erm, unpress, well... unpress so they can be pressed... uh... damn hall of inversion ;) . You must "activate" all plates.
atrane9001

Post by atrane9001 »

Yeah, I figured it out right after I asked. Keeping the Inversion Key tho, just as a memento.
atrane9001

Post by atrane9001 »

Now I can't seem to see how to solve the Archmage room. In the "Spell Launcher Activator" hall, can I get a hint? I know I'm supposed to put something in the alcoves, and they have to be from this room, but I think I've tried everything you get there.
msyblade

Post by msyblade »

try the two bracelets (blocking and passage)
Currently conspiring with many modders on the "Legends of the Northern Realms"project.

"You have been captured by a psychopathic diety who needs a new plaything to torture."
Hotel Hades