With regret

Talk about anything Legend of Grimrock 1 related here.
Sabatasso

Re: With regret

Post by Sabatasso »

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=589&start=10#p7938

Found this one you could look at as well mike30542. Much better guide than mine, and with built in scripts to do it all with hotkeys from within the game.
muffinman5423

Post by muffinman5423 »

Don't give up man keep trying and you'll eventually make it. Just keep moving and doing ranged attacks on one monster until it falls. focus your damage on one monster at a time and you'll be golden
CrawlerJe

Post by CrawlerJe »

Horrorscope wrote:
Not that anyone is taking it this far, but reading this I start to visualize the local yocal in their wheelchair going to every shop in town, making sure they have a ramp, making sure the isles are at least 38" wide etc and if not, he heads to city hall.

Sadly, 20 years of laws that a public place should have wheelchair access doesn't mean it is true.. Spend some time in a chair and you will realize how stupid that statement sounds when you cant even enter a store, cause some jackass thinks putting a coke machine covering half the door is ok...

while this isnt the same thing as a video game being accessable.. what truely makes the great companies are the ones that take things like this into account. there are plenty of one armed gamers.. and people in wheelchairs that can do more than most people with 2 good arms and 2 good legs with just a few simple modifications. Personally i wish this game had the ablity to use only a mouse, vrs mouse+keys. Even though i can use both i enjoy mouse play, it just makes things simpler.. even if it isn't as quick in some cases. (onscreen hotkeys could be added.. a simple visual arrow, and rotate buttons could be added.

Another I havent noticed people mention is color blind mode.. That green stripe around the character boxes to show protection from posion, or even the green tint when poisoned. A larger poison symbol, and another symbol to show protection..

another thing that should change, the potion bottles. Instead of just color, the 4+ potion bottles should change shape, so they can be identified. Over 10% of the human population has this issue.. thats a pretty large % of a possible market..

It is the little things like this that can be done that turns what is a great game already, into something truely exceptional
earthyearth

Post by earthyearth »

my suggestions:

1) Try it on easy

2) there are many walkthroughs/strategy guides on the net, try those
LethalBlade

Post by LethalBlade »

CrawlerJe wrote:onscreen hotkeys could be added.. a simple visual arrow, and rotate buttons could be added.
These can be enabled from the options menu.
warmonger3

Post by warmonger3 »

Dandy wrote:I gave up when I got to level 3, it was very frustrating, I meant to un-install and move on.
A day or two later I started from scratch with a new group and set the game to easy. I am now on level 5. It's not as enjoyable as I expected, but it passes a hour or two.

Try the game again, but without the expectations that you had when you first started playing.
I made to level 6 with a party I made (normal diff.), one was meant to be a Rogue, but I didn't click the button so I ended up with three fighters and one Mage, and the fighters ended up with skill points in areas I didn't want at all. Ugh..

I restarted with a better rounded party and they are doing much better.

Camping mobs to kill them isn't fun for me. Especially if they respawn. The puzzles are frustrating at times, I often just save, quit and do something else. Can't afford to throw my keyboard at my new monitor.
Horrorscope

Post by Horrorscope »

CrawlerJe wrote:
Horrorscope wrote:
Not that anyone is taking it this far, but reading this I start to visualize the local yocal in their wheelchair going to every shop in town, making sure they have a ramp, making sure the isles are at least 38" wide etc and if not, he heads to city hall.

Sadly, 20 years of laws that a public place should have wheelchair access doesn't mean it is true.. Spend some time in a chair and you will realize how stupid that statement sounds when you cant even enter a store, cause some jackass thinks putting a coke machine covering half the door is ok...
That will vary city to city. But it seems talking to other business owners in my area each city has that one person that goes around. You are right there can be egregious things, but many become very nit picky and business owners in many cases already aren't staying above water, additional pressure just means more commercial property for rent and at this time "for rent" forever.
seebs

Post by seebs »

CrawlerJe wrote:It is the little things like this that can be done that turns what is a great game already, into something truely exceptional
Gotta agree on this. I think they've already shown that they are paying attention to such reports, I'm guessing we'll see more improvements in this area in the coming months.
MikkDC

Post by MikkDC »

Dandy wrote:What we need is a (old school, old gits mode). With a built in alarm to inform us that it's time for our nap every two hours. :D
XD. That reply had me laughing.
Avid 30-something Gamer - http://www.youtube.com/mikkdc
dazman76

Post by dazman76 »

Some excellent suggestions in here - especially regarding colour blindness. That's always one I overlook as I don't suffer from it, and it's certainly something that most game developers take for granted. That's not a dig at AH by the way - really, MOST game developers (and web developers, and other developers..) don't consider colour blindness unless they have people on the team who suffer from it. Alas, there are nice and easy ways to avoid the problem - such as the suggestion regarding potion bottle shape. Hopefully we'll see some of these suggestions going in, as the post-release mayhem calms down @ AH HQ :)

mike30542 - are you still with us? Did you manage to persevere and get past the dreaded poison clouds? :)

Return to “Grimrock 1 Discussion”