Dungeon Editor Progress

Talk about creating Grimrock 1 levels and mods here. Warning: forum contains spoilers!
Rig

Re: Dungeon Editor Progress

Post by Rig »

Ixnatifual wrote:I check this thread every day. Am I'm betting I'm not the only one 8-)

2X a day.

AH made LOG a 10/10 - the editor will be worth the wait.
DarkRagnar

Post by DarkRagnar »

Rig wrote: 2X a day.

AH made LOG a 10/10 - the editor will be worth the wait.
Two times a day? Your a lightweight my friend. :D My only problem when the editor comes out will be that I won't be able to make tile sets and monster models.

Is anyone willing or planning to make a web page where user made dungeons/mods can be uploaded and sorted?
pulpum

Post by pulpum »

each thing at its time :twisted:

let us make the dungeons first :lol:
ad&d / ff / d&d
Bees

Post by Bees »

DarkRagnar wrote:My only problem when the editor comes out will be that I won't be able to make tile sets and monster models.
You can still get a head start on them, even if you can't export them back to Format of Grimmodels. Walls, ceilings, and other parts have a pretty simple 3-unit square dimension to them. It's what I'll be doing as the date approaches.
Phitt

Post by Phitt »

Bees wrote:
DarkRagnar wrote:My only problem when the editor comes out will be that I won't be able to make tile sets and monster models.
You can still get a head start on them, even if you can't export them back to Format of Grimmodels. Walls, ceilings, and other parts have a pretty simple 3-unit square dimension to them. It's what I'll be doing as the date approaches.
Me too! Can't wait, can't wait! Started a generic lowpoly tileset, not sure whether I'll make a 'real' tileset out of it in the end as I'm not that happy with the look of it yet. But I guess it's good for finding out what works and what doesn't work. Basic floor, ceiling, wall and pillar tiles are done, now I need the editor and an exporter please. :D

That's obviously not the Grimrock engine (SSAO for example is missing), so it will look different in game.
Bees

Post by Bees »

High five, looks awesome! I started one but got stuck after finishing the wall to my satisfaction. It's supposed to be a natural cave, so making the seams between ceiling, wall, floor, and pillar is a bit tough.
Thels

Post by Thels »

That actually looks lovely! A welcome variety to the limited selection of existing wallsets.
Bees

Post by Bees »

I wish mine was as complete as yours, but this is basically as far as I got:

Hell is making convincing specular maps. :lol:
Phitt

Post by Phitt »

Bees wrote:High five, looks awesome! I started one but got stuck after finishing the wall to my satisfaction. It's supposed to be a natural cave, so making the seams between ceiling, wall, floor, and pillar is a bit tough.
Thanks! I thought about making something more natural as well (had a mine tileset with rough rock walls and wood pillars in mind), but then I realized all the problems that would go with it. All the existing props wouldn't fit on the uneven walls (like torch holders, key holes etc), secret walls would be impossible (a solid rock wall going up in the air would look quite strange) etc. A completely natural cave would be very hard to do apart from all the problems I mentioned. Maybe even impossible I guess since you can't place different tiles like in other games (ES games for example) and instead get floor, ceiling, wall and pillar automatically placed instead. But it's certainly easier to find out what can be done once the editor is out, so I hope you can complete your tileset.
Isaac

Post by Isaac »

Phitt wrote:...
A solid rock wall would make for an excellent concealed door. :twisted: