Dungeon Editor Progress

Talk about creating Grimrock 1 levels and mods here. Warning: forum contains spoilers!
Vosla

Re: Dungeon Editor Progress

Post by Vosla »

DJK wrote:I don't anticipate this to be a problem and is most likely included in the editor a long time ago but just to be sure... you will be able to "path" mobs right ? as in tell them to move from tile A to B and back.. or have a mob move from point A to B, wait 20 seconds on tile B, then move to C, wait 20 seconds on C, then move back to A. (example) :)
Sorry, had to think of the cows again... STAMPEDE!!!
DJK

Post by DJK »

I just hope the editor comes soon ... guild wars 2 comes out in 2 weeks.. mists of pandaria a month after... children will have school in september, grownups work... it needs to be here next week really to have some descent hands on time for me :(
Ixnatifual

Post by Ixnatifual »

Gotta say, I tried GW2 in the beta weekends but didn't find it interesting whatsoever. XCOM: Enemy Unknown comes out in November, though :mrgreen:
Phitt

Post by Phitt »

In the list of implemented features it says '- Added support for custom materials, textures, sounds, meshes, animations, animation events, items, monsters, dungeon objects and wall sets', so will it be possible to add new models to the editor? Will there be some kind of exporter? If so, what program did you use to create your models? 3ds max? Blender? Something else?
tantalan

New dungeons using the editor

Post by tantalan »

I think it would be grate after releasing the editor to make some web page, where the players could share their dungeons. Every dungeon could receive points from players and there could be a ranking system that would show which dungeon is most favorite by players. So we could see which dungeon is the best and most likely to be played.
Bees

Post by Bees »

Phitt wrote:In the list of implemented features it says '- Added support for custom materials, textures, sounds, meshes, animations, animation events, items, monsters, dungeon objects and wall sets', so will it be possible to add new models to the editor? Will there be some kind of exporter? If so, what program did you use to create your models? 3ds max? Blender? Something else?
Yes. Bitcpy made an import script for Blender here. It works in 2.62. No export script yet, but once the devs post all that info I'm sure it won't be long.
Phitt

Post by Phitt »

Bees wrote:
Phitt wrote:In the list of implemented features it says '- Added support for custom materials, textures, sounds, meshes, animations, animation events, items, monsters, dungeon objects and wall sets', so will it be possible to add new models to the editor? Will there be some kind of exporter? If so, what program did you use to create your models? 3ds max? Blender? Something else?
Yes. Bitcpy made an import script for Blender here. It works in 2.62. No export script yet, but once the devs post all that info I'm sure it won't be long.
Great, thanks for the link (and for the exporter of course, Bitcpy)! Still hope for an official tool though as I use 3ds max and I assume that's what the dev(s) used as well. I always hated Blender's weird UI (though admittedly I didn't try very hard to get the hang of it), but I guess if I absolutely have to I will simply port over my models to Blender in a common format and export from there.
Ixnatifual

Post by Ixnatifual »

I check this thread every day. Am I'm betting I'm not the only one 8-)
Thels

Post by Thels »

Email alerts for the win :)
Bees

Post by Bees »

Ixnatifual wrote:I check this thread every day. Am I'm betting I'm not the only one 8-)
You would win that bet.