It's released on steam, but...

Talk about anything Legend of Grimrock 1 related here.
petri

Re: It's released on steam, but...

Post by petri »

Valve says that they know what the problem is with preorders and it should be fixed in the next 5 minutes.
Ice

Post by Ice »

Game is now working for me as well!
Merkoth

Post by Merkoth »

petri wrote:Valve says that they know what the problem is with preorders and it should be fixed in the next 5 minutes.
Confirmed! It's download time! :D
Binarynova

Post by Binarynova »

Confirmed. Closing Steam and reopening just made it available for me. 1:27 pm CDT.
Intrinsic

Post by Intrinsic »

darkling wrote:
Intrinsic wrote:this shows what a complete retard you are
Intrinsic wrote:Listen child, swearing gets you nowwhere. I'll have your mother wash your mouth out with soap!

I'm playing it fine, you could be too, just go download it from your GOG/Humble link you were emailed like everyone else has done.
Look buddy, you called me a retard, that's where this derailed. You have absolutely no high ground here to snipe at me from.
Getting annoyed and swearing at people is where it derailed. It's steams fault, it's being worked on, swearing and shouting on the forums won't make it move 0.01% faster, they are no doubt working as hard and as fast as they can to get it sorted. It may just take some time. Anyways i'm off to watch TV, hopefully by the time i'm back it'll be on steam and we can both enjoy it :)
Lim-Dul

Post by Lim-Dul »

Guys, so what was it. 1h 25m? I wish people would chill out in such situations.
regomar

Post by regomar »

amortar wrote:btw, what is the benefit of getting a steam achievement? WIll it add some extra feature or bonus to my gameplay?
It's a set of goals, and according to the Grimrock devs, there are some very hard ones to get. I enjoy meeting the devious goals of good devs. To me. it's added value. Not everyone will agree, but that's how I feel. That's how a great many people feel.
genosse

Post by genosse »

darkling wrote:
Don't misquote me. I didn't say that.
Yeah, sorry for that. I accidentally misedited the quote. I just think this whole "I bought this game, so I have EVERY right to complain" mentality is sometimes misplaced. The devs are a small team, delivering what seems to be an ace game for basically some pocket change, so I think we need to give them a break.

The anger is better vented at valve (if you really have to), who are a multi-million dollar company and should have the experience manpower to spare to solve this matter in an instant, and yet they don't.

No hard feelings - in the end, we are all just killing time until the game arrives, aren't we? ;)
notchris

Post by notchris »

Downloading now! Woohoo!
Now I can increase my nerd powers with the steam achievements.
regomar

Post by regomar »

genosse wrote:
darkling wrote:
Don't misquote me. I didn't say that.
Yeah, sorry for that. I accidentally misedited the quote. I just think this whole "I bought this game, so I have EVERY right to complain" mentality is sometimes misplaced. The devs are a small team, delivering what seems to be an ace game for basically some pocket change, so I think we need to give them a break.

The anger is better vented at valve (if you really have to), who are a multi-million dollar company and should have the experience manpower to spare to solve this matter in an instant, and yet they don't.

No hard feelings - in the end, we are all just killing time until the game arrives, aren't we? ;)
if you took the time to actually READ my post before you flamed me like a jackass you'd have noticed I WAS mad at Valve and never said a word against the Grimrock devs. Seems to me you just wanted to flame someone and are now trying to look like the rational voice when you were being an asshole 5 minutes ago.