Extracting and enabling the console

Talk about creating Grimrock 1 levels and mods here. Warning: forum contains spoilers!
seebs

Re: Extracting and enabling the console

Post by seebs »

The reason there's no "list of commands" is that there's no such thing conceptually. The console is just a live code execution environment in the game's engine. You can do anything you want in Lua in there, and I have no idea what all the options are; the code as provided has about all I know about the game's mechanics in it.
OlegDX

Post by OlegDX »

Config.lua

mod edit: Lua file removed from post
antti

Post by antti »

OlegDX wrote:Config.lua
As per our asset usage terms, you shouldn't distribute our Lua files. I edited your post, sorry.
Steven Seagal of gaming industry
OlegDX

Post by OlegDX »

Sorry, but your "LUA" file in the archive.
Forum stated that the source files not in the archive, so that can not read or modify them.
File posted on the forum, written by me.
If it is the same or similar to the original, just a coincidence.
KonttuFIN

Post by KonttuFIN »

Devs should add official "console" in game:) Would be 'lot easier. I am quite afraid of enabling console unofficial way, I can expect some crash/ errors with Steam too? :?
Darklord

Post by Darklord »

KonttuFIN wrote:Devs should add official "console" in game:) Would be 'lot easier. I am quite afraid of enabling console unofficial way, I can expect some crash/ errors with Steam too? :?
I don't think so, only if you start messing with all of your files, and doing to much "weird stuff" I've had 0 problems. Of course I don't use the Steam version, maybe someone else who does can confirm.

Daniel.
A gently fried snail slice is absolutely delicious with a pat of butter...
KonttuFIN

Post by KonttuFIN »

Darklord wrote:
KonttuFIN wrote:Devs should add official "console" in game:) Would be 'lot easier. I am quite afraid of enabling console unofficial way, I can expect some crash/ errors with Steam too? :?
I don't think so, only if you start messing with all of your files, and doing to much "weird stuff" I've had 0 problems. Of course I don't use the Steam version, maybe someone else who does can confirm.

Daniel.
After done this, it enables only "console" in game. So it doesn't affect game itself? :mrgreen:
P.S. Sorry for bad english.
montagneyaya

Post by montagneyaya »

Darklord wrote:

Daniel.
I use the steam version and I have no problem with the consol.
montagneyaya

Post by montagneyaya »

KonttuFIN wrote: After done this, it enables only "console" in game. So it doesn't affect game itself? :mrgreen:
If you activate and use the console for gain XP, add Item or monster, teleport your party, past through the wall, ... yes it affect the game with your consol command, else there is no other affect.
KonttuFIN

Post by KonttuFIN »

montagneyaya wrote:
KonttuFIN wrote: After done this, it enables only "console" in game. So it doesn't affect game itself? :mrgreen:
If you activate and use the console for gain XP, add Item or monster, teleport your party, past through the wall, ... yes it affect the game with your consol command, else there is no other affect.
Now I can enable console by ~ so commands works just like "spawn tome_wisdom"?