NEWS: Release Date Announced - Pre-order Now!

Talk about anything Legend of Grimrock 1 related here.
petri

Re: NEWS: Release Date Announced - Pre-order Now!

Post by petri »

Renevent wrote:buying from you directly benefits you guys most?
Really it's fine either way but naturally a direct sale is more beneficial for us.
Shiva

Post by Shiva »

Darklord wrote:
Shiva wrote: I just pre-ordered Grimrock!
Directly from Almost human of course. Extremely cheap!? I think too cheap. I'm not complaining but I do think you could have charged more.
I honestly agree, but hey if they sell in massive quantities maybe it's the way to go?

Daniel.

Sure. Maybe that's it.
Most pirates wouldn't download an indie game though I think...

I just thought the game would be more expensive. Them being indie developers and all.
Darklord

Post by Darklord »

Shiva wrote: Most pirates wouldn't download an indie game though I think...
You'd think so but Frayed Knights (another excellent Indie game) was massivey pirated, really quite sad. :x

Check it out, great game. :)

http://rampantgames.com/frayedknights/

Daniel.
A gently fried snail slice is absolutely delicious with a pat of butter...
Klukitsi

Post by Klukitsi »

Just pre-ordered the game! I was always a bit worried about the price, I was a bit afraid you'd put a too high price, like many devs do. That would hurt not only my wallet, but also the sales. But seems like my fears were for naught - buying it at this low price feels almost a robbery! 8-)

I'll just make things sure - I bought it directly from you, and it says "Legend of Grimrock Pre-order" in my Steam library - and of course is locked. I assume it will automatically turn to just "Legend of Grimrock" and be unlocked at the release date, 11.4?

By the way, you guys really deserve some respect and good sales. Not only making a really awesome-looking game, you've also been very supportive for the community. Sorting out many different pre-ordering options (I could imagine sorting these things out wasn't that easy!) and the really low price show just add more to it.
matthewfarmery

Post by matthewfarmery »

I think the low price is daylight robbery, so I just pre ordered the game for a second time direct from you, and added it to my steam library, the GOG version I can give to a friend, so it won't be wasted

anyway, I think this way you get a bit more money, and increase your revenue, and I do like supporting indie games, especailly when they are old school games like dungeon crawlers :D
Dandy

Post by Dandy »

Shiva wrote: Most pirates wouldn't download an indie game though I think...
Any person pirating LOG is a cheap ***** ********* ********* ******, as well as a ******* *** **** **** ***. And I will personally put a black voodoo hex on anyone that even thinks of doing such a dastardly act. :twisted:
Dungeon Legend about the Master of Grimrock
Darklord

Post by Darklord »

Dandy wrote: Any person pirating LOG is a cheap ***** ********* ********* ******, as well as a ******* *** **** **** ***. And I will personally put a black voodoo hex on anyone that even thinks of doing such a dastardly act. :twisted:
:twisted: :lol:
A gently fried snail slice is absolutely delicious with a pat of butter...
tdunaj

Post by tdunaj »

Bought! Can't believe people are complaining how low the price is :twisted: . Great news guys, love the new demo, can't wait to play.
Jesugandalf

Post by Jesugandalf »

Preordered!! And at a veeeery good price by the way! :D
Aezoc

Post by Aezoc »

I just preordered straight from you guys via Amazon Payments. I got an email from Amazon saying the payment went through, but it never completed in my browser (the loading indicator just spun for about 10 minutes before I gave up and closed it). Will I get an email with the Steam key and everything else, or do you only see the links once the payment completes in the browser? :/