Dungeon Editor Progress

Talk about creating Grimrock 1 levels and mods here. Warning: forum contains spoilers!
Lmaoboat

Re: Dungeon Editor Progress

Post by Lmaoboat »

petri wrote:
Jack Dandy wrote:Another question- will the custom dungeons allow new races\abilities\professions, or is that off limits?
Unfortunately the engine is currently not flexible enough to handle new races, classes and abilities. Basically these things are hardcoded and can't be customized easily.
That's a shame, hopefully that's something to work on making modable next.
Isaac

Post by Isaac »

Lmaoboat wrote:
petri wrote:
Jack Dandy wrote:Another question- will the custom dungeons allow new races\abilities\professions, or is that off limits?
Unfortunately the engine is currently not flexible enough to handle new races, classes and abilities. Basically these things are hardcoded and can't be customized easily.
That's a shame, hopefully that's something to work on making modable next.
I wonder if it's at all possible to extend a hard coded class or race with LUA code?
(and if at all possible... would they/could they have that LUA added into the save game as an extension?)
Jack Dandy

Post by Jack Dandy »

petri wrote:Unfortunately the engine is currently not flexible enough to handle new races, classes and abilities. Basically these things are hardcoded and can't be customized easily.
Oh well! I still really appreciate costumizability of the dungeons themselves. Keep at it!
pulpum

Post by pulpum »

for different classes, make different stuff to equip your characters. it's more simple than coding new classes... maybe it's not the best, but it's playable, now, without anything to code, except special equipment.... it's surely not the best but.... :roll:
ad&d / ff / d&d
Ewigan

Post by Ewigan »

i just finished legend of Grimrock (*SPOILER* its awesome :D ) and i want this editor so much, please hurry, i NEED to build some of my own dungeons :mrgreen:
Darklord

Post by Darklord »

Ewigan wrote:i just finished legend of Grimrock (*SPOILER* its awesome :D ) and i want this editor so much, please hurry, i NEED to build some of my own dungeons :mrgreen:
Hey no spoilers! ;) Heh glad you enjoyed it, I can't wait for the editor either! :D

Daniel.
A gently fried snail slice is absolutely delicious with a pat of butter...
Jirodyne

Post by Jirodyne »

Darklord wrote:
Ewigan wrote:i just finished legend of Grimrock (*SPOILER* its awesome :D ) and i want this editor so much, please hurry, i NEED to build some of my own dungeons :mrgreen:
Hey no spoilers! ;) Heh glad you enjoyed it, I can't wait for the editor either! :D

Daniel.

Is the editor close to done yet? I thought there was only a few things left to do! D: Any kinda estimate? new sneak peak? anything?!
Thels

Post by Thels »

Check the first post from time to time. Petri performs a lot of silent updates on it. And it seems he's getting seriously close now:
petri wrote:Beta Todo:
- Check for duplicate entity ids (the user can still assign duplicate ids)
- Confirm quit dialog when window close button is clicked
- Redesign New Game dialog to show dungeon name, author and description
- Triggering "the end" sequence from Lua script
- Playing sounds from Lua script
Komag

Post by Komag »

Holy cow, it's nearly ready!!!!!
Finished Dungeons - complete mods to play
Gotcha!

Post by Gotcha! »