steam pre order problems

Have trouble running Grimrock 1 or you're wondering if your graphics card is supported? Look for help here.
resonansER

Re: steam pre order problems

Post by resonansER »

Yes! fucking steam is install the GAME after restart!
Last edited by resonansER on Wed Apr 11, 2012 8:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
saurazgul

Post by saurazgul »

metalcoholic wrote:
wooglah wrote:
metalcoholic wrote:i will be looking for a refund for this game.
So, you are going to harm the indie dev team for something Valve messed up? Great logic! /sarcasm off
So Its MY fault that two companies that SELL a product, cant manage to sell it on time to the people that pre-orderd it in support of the devs?

Frankly if you cant manage to get your customers there promised product and cant manage to get your publishers to do their job... then frankly NO i don't feel like supporting the company at all. indie or not, when i BUY something with MY money i expect to get the PRODUCT. When i DON'T get the product i ask for a return.

you expect me to buy something and then not get it? great logic! /sarcasm off
Im sorry but you come across very petulant, the game is available to you via a download client so there is nothing stopping you from playing. Just because we are not able to access it via the STEAM platform does not warrant such an overreaction or hissy fit !!

Many of us are experienced enough and level headed to understand that unforeseeable problems can arise on release dates. I would suggest you take a more prudent approach and re-think before you type.

now then, back to the hack n slash !!!
metalcoholic

Post by metalcoholic »

SockDog wrote:Steam is always like this, I've learnt to take pre-release times with a pinch of salt it makes life that little less stressful. :)

To the guy wanting a refund, come on, you're talking minutes here, you can play the game from the direct download if it's that important. Nobody does this stuff to purposely annoy their customers and I have to question how much you want the game if a tiny delay that has a work around is enough to turn you off. Chill dude, we'll get to play soon enough.

Its very simple. when i pay for something and i don't get it, i will ask for a refund.... and its not minutes its an hour and half now.

like i said before i realize there is a standalone version. HOWEVER i purchased this game BECAUSE i could play it on steam. I purchased it here to support the devs and because i was told i could play it on steam. but as of now i cant.

maybe that is ok for you. but that is unacceptable to me. when i sell something i am expected to deliver. i expect the same thing from companies.

So you people go ahead and pay for something you didn't get. however for myself, if i am promised something and don't get it after i pay for it. i wont happy about it.
I have every right to ask for a refund of a product that WAS NOT delivered as promised.

I am not saying it is the dev's fault but it CERTAINLY ISN'T MY FAULT, and i definitely have the right to ask for my money back when i get shafted.
doctor_roxo

Post by doctor_roxo »

is the installer working for anyone. its not for me

well its working on steam now. restart worked
Last edited by doctor_roxo on Wed Apr 11, 2012 8:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Lookin' 4 Indie Bundles? We track 'em!
http://steamcommunity.com/groups/IndieBundleTracker
kosac

Post by kosac »

restart is working... but you can download drm free to :D
Aravaine

Post by Aravaine »

Steam just came up as downloadable a second ago.
nydaunvan

Post by nydaunvan »

oki good for steam ! Thanks :mrgreen:
metalcoholic

Post by metalcoholic »

saurazgul say whatever you want. what i given is not what i bought. period. as a consumer i am within my rights to ask for a refund. which i have from steam and the Dev's. i will not pay for a product if it cannot be delivered in a professional matter on the PLATFORMS PROMISED. period.

Yes i know its on steam finally. late and after the fact. i want my money back.
Phlimm

Post by Phlimm »

metalcoholic wrote:saurazgul say whatever you want. what i given is not what i bought. period. as a consumer i am within my rights to ask for a refund. which i have from steam and the Dev's. i will not pay for a product if it cannot be delivered in a professional matter on the PLATFORMS PROMISED. period.

Yes i know its on steam finally. late and after the fact. i want my money back.
/No longer feeding the Troll
Aravaine

Post by Aravaine »

Hey metaholic, the game is pretty cool. You don't know what you're missing.