[WIP] Forest Tileset sneak peek - UPDATE 10.jan

Talk about creating Grimrock 1 levels and mods here. Warning: forum contains spoilers!
Skuggasveinn

Re: [WIP] Forest Tileset sneak peek - UPDATE 2.Dec

Post by Skuggasveinn »

HaunterV wrote:where are we on this?
we are at 64°7 North , 21°52 West
Link to all my LoG 2 assets on Nexus.
Link to all my LoG 1 assets on Nexus.
Nickydude

Post by Nickydude »

Sorry, not buying it, this is NOT a tileset for Grimrock...

It's Grimrock 2... :D

Absolutley awesome work!
"Hey look! A dungeons and Dragons ride...!"
Balthasar

Post by Balthasar »

Beautiful! Takes me back to the days of Dungeon Master 2, where indoor and outdoor parts were both used. I would play in the dark and those giant wolves would howl and scare me.

DM2 also had some weather and the party could get struck by lightning. Perhaps rain would be possible in Grimrock with some sort of particle effects put on top of the party's location.
Skuggasveinn

Post by Skuggasveinn »

Thanks, I just realized that I haven't updated this in a while.

I'm finishing up the town tileset for the LotNR project, then I'm going to finish the forest tileset for the same project.
What that means is that I've put on hold this "dungeon" , but concentrating on assets.

That also means that this will be available much sooner to this community (and there was much rejoicing :) )

Skuggasveinn.
Wanderer

Post by Wanderer »

Hi Skuggasveinn,
I love your project of Outdoor Tilesets, and i stay tuned. Its looks amazing good.
Especially for my mod AP2 i will need your Tilesets: No Forest-Tileset = No AP2 :mrgreen:
The one thing what I loved in "Knightmare" for example was the outdoor-tile "Forest", and in the Mod I was little dissapointed, because it was a indoor Tileset for the forest. However, I loved to play the Mod "Knightmare" but as I said, I wished it would be with an outdoor Tileset for the Forest Area (like in the original game it was)
And I decided not to make the same for Abandoned Places 2 (wich also has an very similar Outdoor-Area ).
So I decided to wait until a good Outdoor Tileset is available, before modding the outdoor Area of AP2.

lg Wanderer
My first LoG-Mod: Abandoned Places 2
Skuggasveinn

Post by Skuggasveinn »

yeah I saw your post on AP2, I just love the fact that you still had the hand drawn layout :D

I think AP2 was a Amiga only, in that time I had an Atari ST so I never got to play that game (lets not start the old war :) , I'm old enough to admit that the Amiga was probably better as a gaming machine)
In that time I was heavily into the Thalion games (Dragonflight, Amberstar, Rings of Medusa etc etc) and also the Ishar series , and like you I still own the originals and have hand drawn maps and stuff somewhere in a dusty box.

Just think, 20years later I will get the change to play AP2 as a fan remake, its a wonderfull time we live in :D

Good luck with your project and I will keep you posted when the forest is done.

Skuggasveinn.
msyblade

Re: [WIP] Forest Tileset sneak peek - UPDATE 10.jan

Post by msyblade »

Alas, I too was on the Atari side of the 8bit/commodore 64, ST/Amiga war.
Currently conspiring with many modders on the "Legends of the Northern Realms"project.

"You have been captured by a psychopathic diety who needs a new plaything to torture."
Hotel Hades
Wanderer

Post by Wanderer »

I was on the side of Games not on Wars (well maybe Dragon Wars, anyone still know the game? ) :mrgreen:

By the way, I love and have also handdrawn Maps of the Thalion Games, especially Amberstar and later Ambermoon are very very special Games for me. I will never forget them. I modded the first city Twinlake with the NWN1 Editor as an tribut for Thalion. But I also know the first game of Thalion Dragonflight very well.. And Ishar: Do you remember the great Outdoor Area of Ishar? I still have the Handrawn layout of it (yes yes I mean this HUGE Area). At this Time I loved to Hand-Mapping games, Also Games like Wizardry7 wich also have an Huge Area (in this cases I had to stick the draw-papers together to have great enough room to draw the Maps :mrgreen: )
My first LoG-Mod: Abandoned Places 2
Pandafox

Post by Pandafox »

Skuggasveinn you work is fantastic !!!
I hope it can be released soon then I can use it in my dungeon... :roll:

I also was an Atari user.. And I stay Atari user...
On my right my ST with his SD card reader is still alive :D
Eleven Warrior

Post by Eleven Warrior »

Good work cant wait till it's released.. I will use this set for sure..

Keep up the good work..