Please provide a demo in the future.

Talk about anything Legend of Grimrock 1 related here.
regomar

Re: Please provide a demo in the future.

Post by regomar »

Isaac wrote:
Halk wrote:Isaac, I've created a flowchart for you. It should help you with this thread. I'd like you to follow the flowchart exactly before you post again in this thread. This is for everybody's sanity.
I have to let it drop... there is no breaching the density. Consider it dropped; but my gosh I feel sorry for the guys that made such a wonderful game; and the industry itself ~you guys are the reason DRM exists. :cry:
Yeah, feel SO sorry that the OP bought the game he wouldn't have without piracy. BOUGHT. THE. GAME.

Do you think the devs hate money?

I think you just herped so hard that you derped.

As for your slandering me with your "you guys are the reason DRM exists" I PRE ORDERED the game TWICE because I wanted to give the devs more because I thought the price was too low. yeah, I'M really the problem. :roll: Idiot.
Gospel

Post by Gospel »

Pirates who buy the games after playtesting them because there is no demo are the cancer killing vidya.

I hope you die a very slow, painful death, Thorgrey, at the hands of rabid bronies who deface war relics.
regomar

Post by regomar »

Gospel wrote:Pirates who buy the games after playtesting them because there is no demo are the cancer killing vidya.

I hope you die a very slow, painful death, Thorgrey, at the hands of rabid bronies who deface war relics.
Did you really sign up to the forums just to prove in a single post what a moron you are?
Halk

Post by Halk »

In all fairness I think he was trying for sarcasm there.
Wurmwood

Post by Wurmwood »

I could see the justification in someone getting a 50-60+ dollar game through other means in order to see if its worth it, provided they actually buy it and not continue their "Demo", but how many people really do that? Have I done this in the past? Yes, I am not holier than thou.

In regards to random people pirating this game:
But for only 15 bucks, I don't see the point in downloading this game without paying for it. People worked on it, spent hours and hours making it into something they hope you like. doesn't seem like that much of a loss to me. Heck, I can take 15 bucks and blow it on cheap food and a movie, but I would much rather spend it on a game that I could get more of an entertainment value out of. I mean, If you bought it and didn't like it, then you're only out 15 bucks and you still have the ability to come back to it for any updates/mods.

*Edit*
As far as my comment, I am mainly speaking to US inhabitants. Great point by the way Reg.
Last edited by Wurmwood on Sat Apr 14, 2012 3:54 am, edited 2 times in total.
regomar

Post by regomar »

Wurmwood wrote:I could see the justification in someone getting a 50-60+ dollar game through other means in order to see if its worth it, provided they actually buy it and not continue their "Demo", but how many people really do that? Have I done this in the past? Yes, I am not holier than thou.

But for only 15 bucks, I don't see the point in downloading this game without paying for it. People worked on it, spent hours and hours making it into something they hope you like. 15 bucks doesn't seem like that much of a loss to me. Heck, I can take 15 bucks and blow it on cheap food and a movie, but I would much rather spend it on a game that I could get more of an entertainment value out of. I mean, If you bought it and didn't like it, then you're only out 15 bucks and you still have the ability to come back to it for any updates/mods.
There are numerous countries in the world with vastly different economies than yours. 15 'bucks' as you call it means a great deal more to many people than it may to you.
Gospel

Post by Gospel »

regomar wrote:
Gospel wrote:Pirates who buy the games after playtesting them because there is no demo are the cancer killing vidya.

Did you really sign up to the forums just to prove in a single post what a moron you are?
I've known Thorgrey on Steam for quite some time. My post was sarcasm, you daft cunt.
spreadsheets

Post by spreadsheets »

Wurmwood wrote:I could see the justification in someone getting a 50-60+ dollar game through other means in order to see if its worth it, provided they actually buy it and not continue their "Demo", but how many people really do that? Have I done this in the past? Yes, I am not holier than thou.

But for only 15 bucks, I don't see the point in downloading this game without paying for it. People worked on it, spent hours and hours making it into something they hope you like. doesn't seem like that much of a loss to me. Heck, I can take 15 bucks and blow it on cheap food and a movie, but I would much rather spend it on a game that I could get more of an entertainment value out of. I mean, If you bought it and didn't like it, then you're only out 15 bucks and you still have the ability to come back to it for any updates/mods.

*Edit*
As far as my comment, I am mainly speaking to US inhabitants. Great point by the way Reg.
There were times not too long ago in my life where I had to live on ~20 bucks per week.
So yeah 15 can be a pretty significant investment.
regomar

Post by regomar »

Gospel wrote:
regomar wrote:

I've known Thorgrey on Steam for quite some time. My post was sarcasm, you daft cunt.
This is an international forum containing many people who's language is not English primarily. Since your 'sarcasm' was VERY similar to others in this very thread who were entirely serious, it was hard to tell. Dick.
Wurmwood

Post by Wurmwood »

I have been there too, but when I was in that chapter of my life playing a computer game was not on my list of priorities. I am by no means trying to insult you, I am just saying that when people are struggling to pay the bills, getting their hands on a game should be the least of their worries. I am a full time student myself, working on the last part of my B.A. for nursing, and money is tight, but I willingly made the sacrifice to buy the game in lieu of my monthly entertainment shenanigans.