[Open / Signup] One Room Round Robin 3 - Calling All Modders

Ask for help about creating mods and scripts for Grimrock 2 or share your tips, scripts, tools and assets with other modders here. Warning: forum contains spoilers!
Jgwman

Re: [Open / Signup] One Room Round Robin 3 - Calling All Mod

Post by Jgwman »

Pretty good points. I just wouldn't make it too short.
minmay

Post by minmay »

i regret ever bringing this up
Grimrock 1 dungeon
Grimrock 2 resources
I no longer answer scripting questions in private messages. Please ask in a forum topic or this Discord server.
Jgwman

Post by Jgwman »

minmay wrote:i regret ever bringing this up
Care to expound?
aaneton

Post by aaneton »

Could someone re-cap the status of ORRR3 and do we have any plans on what room will be implemented next?
My Grimrock mod (LoG1): The Onkalo Project
My Android (and windows desktop) game: Balloon Gentleman
minmay

Post by minmay »

There are currently 16 rooms. 3 of these have no immediately obvious bugs or unfinished parts. Isaac's room is presumably going to be added.
Nothing is balanced yet.
The final boss has not been finished.
There is no ending.
The beginning is nonsensical.
The town is missing many animations for the ratlings:
- The guard ratling standing at the gate
- The guard ratling opening the gate
- Kaeli standing up while waiting for you to place the meteorite ore on the anvil
- Kaeli recoiling from the explosion when the Sealbreaker is made
- The drunk ratling sitting or leaning on the wall
(These currently use a placeholder standing animation and some placeholder standard assets animations)
Possibly the ratlings should be cut instead.
The meteorite ore doesn't have a good item icon.
The soul charm doesn't have a good model or item icon.
The Founder's Orb doesn't have a model, item icon, or description at all.
Sealbreaker doesn't have an original model or a good item icon.
Achievements are neither announced in a reasonable way, nor viewable after obtaining them.
Room completion status is not visible.
Probably more issues I missed.
Grimrock 1 dungeon
Grimrock 2 resources
I no longer answer scripting questions in private messages. Please ask in a forum topic or this Discord server.
Jgwman

Post by Jgwman »

I have played through the mod and would disagree that only 3 rooms are satisfactory given only minor issues. I'm pretty sure I finished the final boss in the main file as well. As for the rest, I personally think it's largely a bit nitpicky. In any case, it's the same deal it's been for a while: we don't exactly have a plan, because we haven't discussed and agreed upon what needs doing, who's doing it, and when, and Isaac's room is still under construction.
minmay

Post by minmay »

Ok, if you really don't believe me, I'll go through them one by one. Not sure how I typed 16 instead of 18, incidentally.
  • Abandoned Town Cemetery: several bugs on the tracker, and obviously unfinished
  • Die Bruder Grimm: several bugs on the tracker
  • AdrTru's Room: several bugs on the tracker + others I've informed the author of
  • One Room Around Robin Hood: the force field to hold the party in place doesn't work, permanently locks you out of a square, extreme sound clipping problems
  • Xanathar's Digs and Bogs co.: several bugs on the tracker
  • Ascension: severe problems with models, crow, seems to be unfinished (there was a gold key with no lock, etc.)
  • The Wizard's Enclave: appears to be finished without obvious bugs
  • Tower of Babble: shite performance, ruins performance of other rooms on the level, music timing is bad if FPS is not divisible by 12, creates enormous amounts of Lua garbage, guardian cone/lightning blast animation can clip into wall models
  • Hall of Queens: appears to be finished without obvious bugs
  • The Rat Laboratory: several bugs on the tracker
  • Potion Labs: spider door bug
  • Mirror Universe: several bugs on the tracker
  • Thelonius's Hermitage: easily rendered impossible to complete, permanently breaks your savegame in multiple places unless you abide by an extremely specific and unlikely set of actions that includes bypassing multiple puzzles
  • TheCube's Room: bugs on the tracker, also the number base puzzle sometimes generates extremely long solutions that do not correspond to the shown number and are impossible to input
  • Enchanted Tower: appears to be finished without obvious bugs
  • The Lost Archives: Gower's Ring doesn't work and also crashes on save, extreme music volume is not only ethically irresponsible (you can literally damage people's ears by doing this, that's just scummy and not funny) but also virtually guarantees clipping
  • The Colour of Magic: performance problems even when outside the room, bogus camera warning on save, wall target colors are almost invisible in the top-down view with low rendering quality
it serves no-one to pretend these bugs do not exist. it's neither a personal affront to the room designers, nor an attempt to drag the project down, to acknowledge them

I know you can complete the final boss as it currently stands, but do you really consider it finished?
Grimrock 1 dungeon
Grimrock 2 resources
aaneton

Post by aaneton »

Hi, thank you for a re-cap, However I must add that both my rooms are done, both have only one minor issue (non-game-breaking).
> Hall of Queens: appears to be finished without obvious bugs
- One fix needed: Portcullis trapping the Ogre should be switched to a cell-door so that he can't be harmed by poison spell before opening door. [this however dosen't break the game but he will speak to you even if he is dead if portcullis hasn't been opened]
>The Rat Laboratory: several bugs on the tracker
- All except one graphical bug have been fixed as far as I know, however I don't have rights to change their status in tracker, so I have only commented 'fixed' on them there. If someone can close the tickets appreciate it. However pivot tracker: #125841241 graphical glitch is still unfixed: where some arches are wrong type and look closed from one side and open from another.
One way to fix this, is to place "dungeon_ceiling_0101" objects on each affected cell.
[The 0's and 1's indicate open or closed arches.]
dungeon_ceiling_1101 @ 2,10,0
dungeon_ceiling_0011 @ 2,11,0
dungeon_ceiling_0011 @ 9,11,0

And off course if no-one is working on the latest file right now I can implement these fixes asap (today or tomorrow).
AndakRainor

Post by AndakRainor »

You can take the last version and add your fixes, no one is working on it.

For the ogre and poison cloud problem; with the spell pack, it has been decided that poison cloud would not go through portcullis doors, so you don't need this fix.
aaneton

Post by aaneton »

AndakRainor wrote: For the ogre and poison cloud problem; with the spell pack, it has been decided that poison cloud would not go through portcullis doors, so you don't need this fix.
Excellent, thank you. I'll fix only the rat Lab arch problems then.