New monster proposals

Talk about anything related to Legend of Grimrock 2 here.
spectre900

Re: New monster proposals

Post by spectre900 »

I would love to see some different and neutral behavior from monsters. DM2 had loads of these, making each monster/creature encounter unique and different. Like the Thorn Beasts walking around and chewing grass, then hitting you if you get in the way or become agressive if you attack or bug them too much.

Or those nasty little thiefs stealing your stuff then running away and hides it.

And those pesky minions flying up/down ladders an opening doors to get to you and lob lightning bolts at you.

Or simply the fact that some creatures would actually try to step away as you lob a ball of fire at them.

The monsters in LoG are pretty much lacking any sort of behavior outside "run around like confused ants" and "attack the player".
uggardian

Re: New monster proposals

Post by uggardian »

spectre900 wrote:I would love to see some different and neutral behavior from monsters. DM2 had loads of these, making each monster/creature encounter unique and different. Like the Thorn Beasts walking around and chewing grass, then hitting you if you get in the way or become agressive if you attack or bug them too much.
Remember those, I'd love to see something similar in LoG2 too.
Or those nasty little thiefs stealing your stuff then running away and hides it.
I absolutely hated those in DM! Of course, they were supposed to be annoying. :)
And those pesky minions flying up/down ladders an opening doors to get to you and lob lightning bolts at you.
Would be nice to see, but they would need to do some tricky custom animations, I quess.
Or simply the fact that some creatures would actually try to step away as you lob a ball of fire at them.
Especially the intelligent ones should, like humans.

I would also like to see some creatures interact with each other, like Zarchtons (see the blogpost) hunting some animals. And some beasties could be quite territorial..