Next update wish list

Talk about anything Legend of Grimrock 1 related here.
Scorcher24

Re: Next update wish list

Post by Scorcher24 »

brick wrote:+1 vote for quicksave
+another 1for quicksave

My wish:
Steam Workshop when the editor comes around
Emualynk

Post by Emualynk »

cameronC wrote:As for the spider-free mode, I'm pretty sure there was a mod for System Shock 2 that removed the spider enemies because of how creepy they were. As a fellow arachnophobe I sympathize. I have not gotten to the spiders yet ><
I think it was an official patch actually.
Scorcher24 wrote: My wish:
Unless they've changed what the steam workshop looks like, I think we're better off with something like The Nexus for the mods. It's really bothersome to roam through it when there's too many mods.
Scorcher24

Post by Scorcher24 »

Emualynk wrote:
Unless they've changed what the steam workshop looks like, I think we're better off with something like The Nexus for the mods. It's really bothersome to roam through it when there's too many mods.
I don't want to upload to Nexus. For me that is a moneyhogging site nothing else.
Steam Workshop is a neutral place for a steamuser to download and upload mods.
JPred

Post by JPred »

Haven't read the list; just started playing so off hand I don't have an opinion on much.
Only thing I want to see is a simple thing; a lower keyboard key to "close all" for open windows. I.e. hit space bar to close character sheet, whichever is open, or if there are puzzle windows close said window. Space bar the ideal key but shift, z, x etc. would all work.
Just a lot faster then hitting 1,2,3,4, tab for map or x for any windows I haven't encountered yet.
Nerkoon

Post by Nerkoon »

Small chance to logic with dead party members: I find it slightly amusing that you can put items to hands of dead persons. Somehow I do not think that rigor mortis is strong enough to keep anything in your hands after death.
AjM

Post by AjM »

gambit37 wrote:
urughak wrote:not block the character who is attacking/casting with popups when im clicking on their buttons. I found myself constantly not sure exactly how close to death certain party members were while attacking. In fact, just give us a toggle for popups altogether. they are just getting in my way.
Gotta agree with this, the tooltip/popups are a major issue. They're fine for the first time you want to find out about an item, but after that they are severely interfering with gameplay.
I suggest that they are off by default, and that you change the interface so that the wasted space at the bottom of the inventory can be used for the name of the item (see my mockup link). Then if the player wants to find out more, they can Shift+Click the item for its tooltip, or hover for a couple of seconds. It would make the interface much less cluttered and allow us to concentrate on what we're doing without being interrupted.
http://i43.tinypic.com/2n6g6rm.jpg
Excellent idea!
+1
limec

Post by limec »

quick save/load buttons
mappable attack + runes on keyboard /atack with mage open runes atack again cast spell/
add manual map making in game to oldschool mode or add another mode
Planetkill

Post by Planetkill »

My wish list:
hotkeys for each characters hands
toggle for rune table (Click the hand/staff to open the rune table and it stays that way until you close it manually, maybe a small X somewhere).
Darklord

Post by Darklord »

Quick Save/Load, then custom portraits! :D

Daniel.
A gently fried snail slice is absolutely delicious with a pat of butter...
Lmaoboat

Post by Lmaoboat »

Emualynk wrote:
cameronC wrote:As for the spider-free mode, I'm pretty sure there was a mod for System Shock 2 that removed the spider enemies because of how creepy they were. As a fellow arachnophobe I sympathize. I have not gotten to the spiders yet ><
I think it was an official patch actually.
They could always turn spiders into bears:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D08XkfPNQyI