[WIP] TOMBS OF WINTERFELL (Castle Winterfell)

Talk about creating Grimrock 1 levels and mods here. Warning: forum contains spoilers!
Leki

Re: [WIP] TOMBS OF WINTERFELL (Castle Winterfell)

Post by Leki »

There is no memory isues with the castle, model is optimized and you can play on minimal configiguration. In other words if you can run Grimrock on your computer, you can run this one. I started to work on my C2D 2,6GHz, 4GB RAM, Radeon HD6970 2GB RAM, without issues. Nowdays I use i5 3570 @4,2GHz, 16GB RAM (the reason why I was out for some time)

If you are interested, I can create and publish some willage asset pack (house + textures + some stuff), no problem...
I'm the Gate I'm the Key.
Dawn of Lore
Neikun

Post by Neikun »

Super interested in those files =D
"I'm okay with being referred to as a goddess."
Community Model Request Thread
See what I'm working on right now: Neikun's Workshop
Lead Coordinator for Legends of the Northern Realms Project
  • Message me to join in!
bongobeat

Post by bongobeat »

always interested by some new wallet :D
My asset pack: viewtopic.php?f=22&t=9320

Log1 mod : Toorum Manor: viewtopic.php?f=14&t=5505
Treybor

Post by Treybor »

Leki wrote:There is no memory isues with the castle, model is optimized and you can play on minimal configiguration. In other words if you can run Grimrock on your computer, you can run this one. I started to work on my C2D 2,6GHz, 4GB RAM, Radeon HD6970 2GB RAM, without issues. Nowdays I use i5 3570 @4,2GHz, 16GB RAM (the reason why I was out for some time)

If you are interested, I can create and publish some willage asset pack (house + textures + some stuff), no problem...

I would be very interested in any of your assets. You've done great work on this.
Are you still planning to release this, or will you be waiting for the grimrock2 engine?
Leki

Post by Leki »

OK, I work on ORRR2 atm - as a part of this work I also prepared plugin called "village". You can fid there some assets asi houses or cart or tree. It will be ready in few days.
I'm the Gate I'm the Key.
Dawn of Lore
chaoscommencer

Post by chaoscommencer »

Awesome models Leki! I just tested this thing out. Sorry to say I didn't get very far (I really wanted to get to the outside parts ;) ). Anyways just thought I'd provide some feedback (DO NOT READ if you haven't tried it yet: the following contains some spoilers):
SpoilerShow
I really liked the atmosphere that was created immediately on entering the dungeon. I loved how all the walls moved and changed the dungeon as much as they did.

The audio at the first trap spooked the hell out of me lol--I certainly wasn't ready for that.

It really felt good to find all those secrets right away (nice secret buttons btw), including the powerful equipment.

I got stuck at the (I assume invincible) ogre part (and literally stuck between him and the skeletons--probably something small I missed, but I felt a little too rushed and scared to think straight lol)... Maybe more descriptive hints would help, because the markings on the wall didn't help with much (I didn't know what the horn was supposed to do); I pretty much made some lucky guesswork at what I did find.
Keep up the great work!
Working on a dungeon that displays a massive collection of assets while sorting them into convenient reusable plugin format (concept from some of leki's mods). Will contribute some of my own models as well eventually and follow that with custom dungeon.