I will buy a copy when the Linux version comes out.

Talk about anything Legend of Grimrock 1 related here.
clocknova

Re: I will buy a copy when the Linux version comes out.

Post by clocknova »

Running quite well in Wineskin on my 2008 Macbook Pro with all settings maxed.
afettouhi

Post by afettouhi »

Doesn't work for me with wine 1.5.1 on Arch Linux 64 bit. Needs xact to run by the way.

Code: Select all

[af@andre ~]$ env WINEPREFIX="/home/af/.local/share/wineprefixes/log" wine C:\\windows\\command\\start.exe /Unix /home/af/.local/share/wineprefixes/log/dosdevices/c:/users/Public/Desktop/Legend\ of\ Grimrock.lnk
fixme:exec:SHELL_execute flags ignored: 0x00000100
fixme:exec:SHELL_execute flags ignored: 0x00004100
[af@andre ~]$ fixme:heap:HeapSetInformation (nil) 1 (nil) 0
err:ole:CoInitializeEx Attempt to change threading model of this apartment from multi-threaded to apartment threaded
err:ole:CoInitializeEx Attempt to change threading model of this apartment from multi-threaded to apartment threaded
fixme:win:EnumDisplayDevicesW ((null),0,0x33ea5c,0x00000000), stub!
fixme:d3d:resource_check_usage Unhandled usage flags 0x8.
fixme:d3dcompiler:D3DCompile data 0x4e5c90, data_size 169, filename (null), defines (nil), include 0x33ee50, entrypoint "main",
target "vs_3_0", sflags 0x8, eflags 0, shader 0x33eea4, error_messages 0x33ee60 stub!
fixme:win:EnumDisplayDevicesW ((null),0,0x33ea5c,0x00000000), stub!
fixme:d3dcompiler:D3DCompile data 0x4e5c90, data_size 169, filename (null), defines (nil), include 0x33ee50, entrypoint "main",
target "vs_3_0", sflags 0x8, eflags 0, shader 0x33eea4, error_messages 0x33ee60 stub!
Teeh

Post by Teeh »

So wait.

You are taking the statistics from Humble Bundle to say it isn't worth a port?

What I see from those numbers is that even though Linux occupies an absurdly small part of the OS pool (around a percent of all desktop computers still), almost a fifth of the people who support Humble Bundles buy the Linux versions.

Also, Linux users paid on average 9.97$ while Windows users only doled out 5.69$.

That certainly testifies to the fact that there's a lot of users of various Linux distributions who are willing and able to support worthy projects on their unfortunately game derived platforms.

I'd buy one.
louizo

Post by louizo »

Hello,
For your information, as I pre-ordered the game, I give some tries today right after download on my iMac (27" middle of 2011 version = graphic card is AMD Radeon HD 6970M 1Go RAM). I'm currently on OS X Lion 10.7.3.

The game was working but still the "blue" rendering (problem with textures) with latest wineskin (Wrapper:2.5.4, WS8Wine 1.5.0 Engine).

However, testing WS8Wine 1.3.32 version of engine make it FULLY Functionnal :mrgreen:
(I just change the Screen option and override to make it fullscreen at current resolution, so i can enjoy the game without the dock)
Usually when you got some rendering issues, you may try with older engine version, I got lucky this time again ;)

Hope it helps...Going back to the game!...
LouiZo
afettouhi

Post by afettouhi »

louizo wrote:Hello,
For your information, as I pre-ordered the game, I give some tries today right after download on my iMac (27" middle of 2011 version = graphic card is AMD Radeon HD 6970M 1Go RAM). I'm currently on OS X Lion 10.7.3.

The game was working but still the "blue" rendering (problem with textures) with latest wineskin (Wrapper:2.5.4, WS8Wine 1.5.0 Engine).

However, testing WS8Wine 1.3.32 version of engine make it FULLY Functionnal :mrgreen:
(I just change the Screen option and override to make it fullscreen at current resolution, so i can enjoy the game without the dock)
Usually when you got some rendering issues, you may try with older engine version, I got lucky this time again ;)

Hope it helps...Going back to the game!...
LouiZo
I tried an older wine version as well but still it won't run under linux. Preordered it as well.
e8hffff

Post by e8hffff »

afettouhi wrote:I tried an older wine version as well but still it won't run under linux. Preordered it as well.
It can work under Wine as I'm a testament to that. I using Kubuntu 12.04 Precise, with Wine 1.5.1.

* Use propriety gfx driver (in my case ATI fglrx 11.3)
* get DX dlls (fron Winetricks)
* get VisualC dlls (fron Winetricks)
* install game's DX and VC files as extra step

If you have used wine for a while, maybe unselect all the dll's in the winecfg.
afettouhi

Post by afettouhi »

e8hffff wrote:
afettouhi wrote:I tried an older wine version as well but still it won't run under linux. Preordered it as well.
It can work under Wine as I'm a testament to that. I using Kubuntu 12.04 Precise, with Wine 1.5.1.

* Use propriety gfx driver (in my case ATI fglrx 11.3)
* get DX dlls (fron Winetricks)
* get VisualC dlls (fron Winetricks)
* install game's DX and VC files as extra step

If you have used wine for a while, maybe unselect all the dll's in the winecfg.
Did you download d3dx9 or xact from winetricks? What version of visualc 2010, 2008 or 2005? I'm using the nvidia drivers.
Ghouli

Post by Ghouli »

I'm also on Arch x64 and using Wine 1.5.1, but haven't even gotten that far. Installed GOG version, tried to run and it whined about audio dll. Installed xact, and now I get pop-up crying about fail in Audio2Create(). Tried installing directx9 and directx10, but that didn't have any effect.
afettouhi

Post by afettouhi »

Ghouli wrote:I'm also on Arch x64 and using Wine 1.5.1, but haven't even gotten that far. Installed GOG version, tried to run and it whined about audio dll. Installed xact, and now I get pop-up crying about fail in Audio2Create(). Tried installing directx9 and directx10, but that didn't have any effect.
That's where I am too. Installing d3dx9_43.dll made the Audio2Create() disappear but now the popup just says to check my directx9 installation and my minimum requirements.
cupid stunt

Post by cupid stunt »

Linux is a deployment hell, and thats real reason why nobody bothers making linux ports, and I wont even mention technical support problems. Dont know why l-users always insist on native version when they have windows on a partition exactly cause of this. And yeah go ahead and call me a troll :3