Extracting and enabling the console

Talk about creating Grimrock 1 levels and mods here. Warning: forum contains spoilers!
Darklord

Re: Extracting and enabling the console

Post by Darklord »

Happy to help. :)

I also made an alternate Toorum Mode save, for those interested, it's Hard mode, Old School (no maps), 20 tomes of wisdom.

http://www.4shared.com/file/2OZ3A0cY/quicksave_2.html

Rename it to quicksave.sav and save it in your save folder, on mine it's

C:\Users\Daniel\Documents\Almost Human\Legend of Grimrock

Daniel.
A gently fried snail slice is absolutely delicious with a pat of butter...
am shaegar

Post by am shaegar »

excuse me but maybe I became stupid :) , I have not been successful in using the pyton. could someone please put a link to the console.lua changed?
so I will have only put it back inside. rar

sorry for my bad English, but I have big problems to write it, to read it I have no problems.
Darklord

Post by Darklord »

Hi am shaegar,

Sharing the console.lua is against the Modding and Asset Usage Terms, so we are unable to give it to you directly.

viewtopic.php?f=14&t=1560

Daniel.
am shaegar

Post by am shaegar »

this is not to distribute it for commercial purposes, we're here on the forum explained how to edit the file, I can not do that because I do not save the changes and I do not open some files, I ask you only to give me the edited file, it is as if one of you would come to my house and he did. I do not see where is the problem.

If you have to paint a piece of a model but you can not do it, where is the problem if I paint it, and I will send to you?

I bought the original game because it seemed right to repay the efforts of programmers, but I can not play because they forgot to put the food.
or make a patch to put a spell to create food, or someone gives me the edited file with the command console enabled. so I use it to add the food or the alternative and uninstall the game and throw it in the trash.

in the forum i have see a lot of links and all links is to download the files that change the game, are they all illegal?

if someone has no problem to help me to play the orignal game, send me a private message with a link to get the modified file , as is explained here on the forum, please.
I will not become a billionaire by selling something that you have published here on the forum for free and I will not steal or dannegiare the creators of the game. if I wanted I would not have bought the game but the original file I downloaded illegally.

As in real life who wants to do things honestly found many problems, and then you complain that one uses pirated software.

the authors of the game when they speak not to distribute the files, refer not to create a game using their files and do not sell them without their permission. and it seems right, but there are mods that put up here on the forum, if a user fails to make the changes and they can also give the changed files.

However, I will try to contact the programmers and I will ask them to put the modified file or to give permission for do it, so you'll all be safer. (not sure of this word)
Last edited by am shaegar on Thu May 10, 2012 5:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Darklord

Post by Darklord »

I am merely respecting the creators of LoG's wishes.
antti wrote: The primary rule is that you cannot distribute any assets we have created. This includes, but is not limited to, software, code, Lua files, graphics, writing and audio.
Daniel.
am shaegar

Post by am shaegar »

sorry for my bad englisha, i m not able explain to you what mean this sentence.
tecknomage

Post by tecknomage »

Darklord wrote:Alright I gave this a tinker tonight and got it working! :D I successfully spawned a Tome of Wisdom, so shall use this to make my starting party with additional skill points. (I intend to replay on hard with additional skill points)

4, Next time you start LoG, open options and click the Mute Music Checkbox. Press ~ this opens the console.

You can then do whatever you please bearing in mind,

IT IS VERY EASY TO BREAK YOUR GAME! ALmost Human and myself except no responsibility for this.

So keep anything you do simple, personally like I said at the top, all I have used it for is, creating some Tome's of Wisdom (each gives you 5 skill points)

spawn("tome_wisdom")

Once you are finished escape out of it, then uncheck mute music.

Hope that helps! :)

Daniel.
Small error in step 4. On my system to enable the console it's [Shift][~], not just [~].
Tecknomage
Mage Guild Maser Oblivion
Darklord

Post by Darklord »

Congrats on getting it working. you may want to consider trying the speed adjust option,

gameMode.timeMultiplier = 0.7

This should make the timed puzzles much easier for yourself.

Note the AH guys don't recommend it specifically but I've heard good things from others who have tried.

Let us know how it goes!

Daniel.
tecknomage

Post by tecknomage »

Darklord wrote:Congrats on getting it working. you may want to consider trying the speed adjust option,

gameMode.timeMultiplier = 0.7

This should make the timed puzzles much easier for yourself.

Note the AH guys don't recommend it specifically but I've heard good things from others who have tried.

Let us know how it goes!

Daniel.
Tried the command and it works SOMEWHAT :| The timer change effects EVERYTHING.

On the Level-3 room where you have to; bush button, turn right, move 3 spaces, turn right, bush another button to open wall (you are standing on a trap), the timer change effects the opening of the wall. I STILL fall through the trap. Even if I use slower settings.

Any ideas :?:

ALSO: This is for other users, you have to reset console commands on every save-game load.
Tecknomage
Mage Guild Maser Oblivion
Darklord

Post by Darklord »

Yeah speed changes do effect everything. Well there's the other speed options,

viewtopic.php?f=13&t=2055

They will still effect everything, but may require less repetition.

Also you could stick with the in built but try 30% speed or somewhere in between, then put in back after you've done the section you are trying.

so,

gameMode.timeMultiplier = 0.3

Last option, PSY has ofered to do some of the puzzles for people that are struggling, you could give him a try?

viewtopic.php?f=13&t=2542

Daniel.