Pre-order issues and questions

Have trouble running Grimrock 1 or you're wondering if your graphics card is supported? Look for help here.
Mameluk

Re: Pre-order issues and questions

Post by Mameluk »

lballantyne wrote:the link for the preorder bonus package is not working.
How do you mean? You should get prompted by a downloadable .zip file when you click the link - it does not redirect you anywhere if that's what you're wondering. What browser and/or what plugins are you using?
Bodman

Post by Bodman »

I've pre-ordered the game from the website and got the email and generated a Steam key but get a message about the game "not being available for purchase in this country" when trying to activate the game code through Steam.

Is this because I'm in the UK and the game hasn't been released yet or is it something else ?

Bodman
telgor

Post by telgor »

Bodman wrote:I've pre-ordered the game from the website and got the email and generated a Steam key but get a message about the game "not being available for purchase in this country" when trying to activate the game code through Steam.

Is this because I'm in the UK and the game hasn't been released yet or is it something else ?

Bodman
Hey Bodman. I'm from the UK as well and nothing like that happened for me. Just to clarify you are following the correct procedure on steam -

1. Go to your Steam Library
2. Go the "Games" drop down menu at the top left of the screen
3. Click on "Activate a product on steam..."
4. Click "Next"
5. Read the "Steam Subscriber Agreement" and click "I agree" (if you agree :P)
6. Enter the product code and click "Next"

The game should now appear in your library as "Legend of Grimrock Pre-Order"

Hopefully this sorts it out for you. If not let us know.
Bodman

Post by Bodman »

Tried that multiple times, it won't accept the code :cry: In fact when it says "the following game" in the message there is nothing in the box below it.

You're the second person from the UK that has said they've pre-ordered fine, must be something my end. Never had a problem with pre-orders before.

Recently my Steam client stopped showing prices in pounds and went back to dollars, I wonder if it's getting confused about where I am ? I do have a support call into Steam about it but they aren't exactly speedy about replying.

Ah well a new day dawns, will see if things are any better later. I appreciate the reply Telgor :)

Bodman
telgor

Post by telgor »

Ah ok. Well that's a pain. Hopefully Steam will be quick in resolving your support ticket. At least you have the stand-alone version, so it won't stop you from playing on release day :)
London Pride

Post by London Pride »

Hi Bodman. I am from the UK and also have a couple of other friends here as well, I can confirm that none of us have had any problem at all with adding LOG to steam.

Hope steam gets back to you and get it sorted ok - but as telgor says at least you will have the standalone in the meantime.
WDKtheV

Post by WDKtheV »

by Bodman » Sun Apr 08, 2012 5:15 pm

I've pre-ordered the game from the website and got the email and generated a Steam key but get a message about the game "not being available for purchase in this country" when trying to activate the game code through Steam.

It sounds like your region may have got changed somehow. It is possible your IP address may be getting reported wrong to Steam. Here's a thread that may help http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/s ... ?t=1174262. Also in the settings you can change where you download from. This shouldn't affect the region of your Steam, but it is worth a try.

Additionally you could try to log into Steam using a proxy from the UK.
petri

Post by petri »

CaspianRoach wrote:Is Legend of Grimrock subject to Steam regional pricing or is it something Steam decides for you?
Yes, the price on Steam may vary.
Bodman

Post by Bodman »

Thanks WDKtheV, that link will be useful when Steam support get back to me.

Have changed the download location in Steam but that didn't help and my current IP is assigned to my ISP in the UK according to whois so I'll just have to wait and see.

Hopefully when it gets resolved I'll be able to post an explanation just in case anybody else has the same problem.

Bodman
myers.jason

Post by myers.jason »

I recently complete the pre-order using the Almost Human games with steam key option. I have received a key that I activated on steam, but I did not receive an email with the link to download the game on release. The FAQ indicates that one will be sent after registering. Have I done something wrong?

Really looking forward to this. Don't want to wait a minute longer than I have to before I start playing.