Overall gameplay speed (elderly gamer)

Talk about anything Legend of Grimrock 1 related here.
Scase

Re: Overall gameplay speed (elderly gamer)

Post by Scase »

Hell if anyone is having THAT much of an issue, send me/upload your save file I will personally beat the puzzle for you and send/upload the new save file.
stubbie

Post by stubbie »

Scase wrote:Hell if anyone is having THAT much of an issue, send me/upload your save file I will personally beat the puzzle for you and send/upload the new save file.
see, and that is why a lot of the people here just don't understand what is being asked for.
It's the condescending attitude of people like Scase that is missing the whole point of these threads.

We are asking that the developers consider an option in the game to slow down the timed quests.
For me the timed part of a puzzle is just a frustration when I know what needs to be done to do a puzzle.
Working out the puzzle is the challenge. The timed aspect is just the frustrating part.

But I'm bashing my head against a brick wall here.
I just wish the devs would put us all out of our misery and say yes or no to changing the speed of the timed quests.
Scase

Post by Scase »

So let me get this straight, me genuinely offering help for people who can't experience more of the game simply because they don't have the motor skills to pass one puzzle is condescending?

Man I don't know how you were raised but I was taught to offer help to people that were incapable of accomplishing something by their own means. Maybe YOU need to look inward and stop trying to find the worst in everyones best efforts to help.

The audacity of people on these forums is reaching ridiculous levels.
YenRug

Post by YenRug »

Scase wrote:So let me get this straight, me genuinely offering help for people who can't experience more of the game simply because they don't have the motor skills to pass one puzzle is condescending?

Man I don't know how you were raised but I was taught to offer help to people that were incapable of accomplishing something by their own means. Maybe YOU need to look inward and stop trying to find the worst in everyones best efforts to help.

The audacity of people on these forums is reaching ridiculous levels.
Not questioning how genuine your offer of help was, but in light of some of the responses that people have given in this thread, it probably felt like you were being somewhat insulting; put it this way, people are complaining that they want to be able to do these problems, but the game is demanding a level of timing that's beyond them. They're not looking for someone else to do these puzzles for them, they're able to figure out what's needed but it's beyond their reflexes to achieve it; in the same way that most people would expect a game to have difficulty levels to cope with their abilities to carry out combat, they're asking for the ability to change the difficulty level of timed puzzles to cope with their abilities to carry out movement.

I have to admit, I was having trouble just now with the timing on the pit switches in the Hall of Fire on level 6; I couldn't quite get in position on the third switch before the pit opened up again, but by dropping all the graphics settings down to minimum I was able to get all the way to the last switch and press it. Admittedly, I ended up dropping into the pit again, but this slight gain in movement speed and turning was enough to make the difference.
Darklord

Post by Darklord »

Guys, I think were just going round in circles here, there are various mods/programs which can effect gameplay speed for those of you who wish it, and tips to be found in various threads.
A gently fried snail slice is absolutely delicious with a pat of butter...