What would you like to see added?

Talk about anything Legend of Grimrock 1 related here.
Dandy

Re: What would you like to see added?

Post by Dandy »

xdeath wrote:I would like some more classes, dungeons, monsters, spells, portraits, weapons, armours, etc.
But mainly more classes(priest, healer, or white mage please).
Yes, more of the classic time-tested stuff, and less of plastic improved and renamed versions. ;)
Dungeon Legend about the Master of Grimrock
Whisper

Post by Whisper »

Drax wrote:
Whisper wrote:Make "Real hard" difficulty and in it limit ability to avoid all damage by strafing, "dancing". Maybe mobs can use counter-tactics to this, being faster to move and turn.
How would you suggest balancing out mages lack of survivability?
Same as how, they balance lack of survivability in other games.

Also, there is such skill as "staff defence". Ye, right - almost noone invests in it, because "dancing" as defence >>>>> investing any point in Defence skill for mage.
Drax

Post by Drax »

Whisper wrote:
Drax wrote:
Whisper wrote:Make "Real hard" difficulty and in it limit ability to avoid all damage by strafing, "dancing". Maybe mobs can use counter-tactics to this, being faster to move and turn.
How would you suggest balancing out mages lack of survivability?
Same as how, they balance lack of survivability in other games.

Also, there is such skill as "staff defence". Ye, right - almost noone invests in it, because "dancing" as defence >>>>> investing any point in Defence skill for mage.
Even with 50 in staff defence, you wouldn't want Mages on the frontline (and you've gimped your mage). At the moment, that isn't much of a concern since on the backline they rarely get hit unless you get blocked into a corner. If you remove the 2x2, you're going to get hit. For your frontline, that isn't as much of an issue since they're probably tanky anyway. But having your mage inevitably die doesn't seem like a decent gameplay choice.

At the moment, the mage can still die if you mess up the 2x2. But then it's you messing up, rather than the game just killing it.

TL;DR, if you remove 2x2, buff mage defence.
Baroque

Post by Baroque »

I would like to see New Game + mode added after you complete the game (like in chrono trigger and bastion). And if there is an expansion pack or something, we should be able to use our same party in the new levels.
Whisper

Post by Whisper »

I asked to add this option to additional "Real hard" difficulty. If you have problem with mages survability - just dont play on this difficulty, play on usual "Hard" "Normal" or "Easy", already existing difficulties.

Keeping mages alive would be hard, but that's what i ask "Real hard" mode.
Drax

Post by Drax »

Whisper wrote:I asked to add this option to additional "Real hard" difficulty. If you have problem with mages survability - just dont play on this difficulty, play on usual "Hard" "Normal" or "Easy", already existing difficulties.

Keeping mages alive would be hard, but that's what i ask "Real hard" mode.
I'm not saying it'd be hard. I'm saying you're asking for a difficulty that removes strafing which means you'll get hit. Getting hit kills your mage; that isn't compelling game design.
Whisper

Post by Whisper »

Drax wrote: I'm not saying it'd be hard. I'm saying you're asking for a difficulty that removes strafing which means you'll get hit. Getting hit kills your mage; that isn't compelling game design.
About compelling game design, i disagree that allowing any party to win any encounter (except few like Fighters challenge) with ease, just by strafing alone, - is compelling game design.
With level 1 party without level ups - full Willpower for fighters and full Str for mages - you can basically finish game easily, though would take more time.

If this tactic gets limited on Hardest difficulty, i would figure how to play and survive my mage. Also this would make Staff defence useful, because how many people this skill now? Around 0? Sounds like broken skill design if one of skills is almost never used except maybe full mage parties.
Outlaw

Post by Outlaw »

Whisper wrote:
Drax wrote: I'm not saying it'd be hard. I'm saying you're asking for a difficulty that removes strafing which means you'll get hit. Getting hit kills your mage; that isn't compelling game design.
About compelling game design, i disagree that allowing any party to win any encounter (except few like Fighters challenge) with ease, just by strafing alone, - is compelling game design.
With level 1 party without level ups - full Willpower for fighters and full Str for mages - you can basically finish game easily, though would take more time.

If this tactic gets limited on Hardest difficulty, i would figure how to play and survive my mage. Also this would make Staff defence useful, because how many people this skill now? Around 0? Sounds like broken skill design if one of skills is almost never used except maybe full mage parties.
I gree with you 100%! At least, I have to say that I don't find strafing a fun "tactic" or whatever, I think this reduces the game to just a doom clone (combat wise). So, why don't improve combat mechanics? What's wrong with that?
Ethos

Post by Ethos »

Being able to use potions from either right or left hand slots by right clicking them instead of only being usable in the inventory screen.
Intruder313

Post by Intruder313 »

Random distribution of items and just more items are a must for me: I don't want Diablo levels of loot all over the place but the fixed locations of just a few items as they are now really hurt my first party and harms replayability.

In my second game I've set my characters up with the foreknowledge that Missile Weapons come quite late and are a faff (no Quiver and arrows need re-enchanting) and that I don't know where any good Swords or Daggers are to compare with the Maces and Axe I found first time.

I also now know you top out around Level 11 so you really don't want to spread your skill points about much - I wish I'd known that before!