Dungeon Editor Progress

Talk about creating Grimrock 1 levels and mods here. Warning: forum contains spoilers!
dogtown1

Re: Dungeon Editor Progress

Post by dogtown1 »

I totally love this game and the editor is gonna make it perfect, Petri and the others, you guys rock :D

I dont think this question is to off topic, but when people start creating new uber badass dungeons, where can we go to download them?
has there been any talk of steam workshop or possibly the nexus?
Curunir

Post by Curunir »

petri wrote:I've changed my mind and implemented simple visual scripting system for basic dungeon mechanics. It's now possible to connect actuators to doors, pits, etc. More advanced stuff can be implemented by placing a script entity containing custom Lua code to the level. Non-programmers and programmers, both should be happy now :)
I almost missed that post! God bless you, petri! To me this is the best piece of news that I've seen since work started on the editor!
theruler

Post by theruler »

Thels wrote:Ohh, the todo list is getting really small now!
seems the trend is moonwalking... : new features/bug fixes! :D
petri

Post by petri »

dogtown1 wrote:I totally love this game and the editor is gonna make it perfect, Petri and the others, you guys rock :D I dont think this question is to off topic, but when people start creating new uber badass dungeons, where can we go to download them? has there been any talk of steam workshop or possibly the nexus?
No definite answer yet but at least we know that we are not going to host the dungeons ourselves. Nexus would seem like a good fit doesn't it? :)
Tomm

Post by Tomm »

I think integration with steam workshop would make LoG shine even more.
dogtown1

Post by dogtown1 »

I like the Nexus idea myself, there are some people who dont like the way steam workshop handles the mods, it autoupdates the mods to your game, if the mod creator has a working version 1, then releases a broken version 2, steam workshop adds that broken version to your game, like it or not

the nexus has been around for more than 10 years and has collected some the the best modders and gamers
I believe it would bring in a ton of new players (good news for sales) and the modders there would do some fantastic dungeons
Dark0ne

Post by Dark0ne »

I've been following these forums since the release of the game and the notification that an editor is being worked on. I'd love to create a Grimrock Nexus and pump the game to the 4 million Nexus members who may be interested in what the game has to offer.
Thels

Post by Thels »

Tomm wrote:I think integration with steam workshop would make LoG shine even more.
That sounds like you require Steam to use the mods. Bad idea.
Isaac

Post by Isaac »

Thels wrote:
Tomm wrote:I think integration with steam workshop would make LoG shine even more.
That sounds like you require Steam to use the mods. Bad idea.
Agreed. I bought the non-Steam version primarily to avoid Steam. Having the editor be Steam entangled would defeat the purpose.
petri

Post by petri »

Time to refactor some game code! Editor progress will be on hold for a day or so but once this is done map handling should be a lot cleaner. I hope I don't break anything! (Great coders never break anything, right? :P )