MASTER QUEST HELP: puzzles, clues, SECRETS, WALKTHROUGH

Talk about creating Grimrock 1 levels and mods here. Warning: forum contains spoilers!
Komag

Re: MASTER QUEST HELP: puzzles, clues, SECRETS, WALKTHROUGH

Post by Komag »

I did rearrange armor locations and other items at one point. And the dungeon description should not just say "test", it should be lengthy with instructions and more. I'll have to double check on that. Try downloading from Nexus.
Finished Dungeons - complete mods to play
Nexus

Post by Nexus »

OK so I downloaded the nexus one and things are working better, but this time 5-6-42 NW cell contained a chain vest. I am now inclined to beleve that something is odd on my end or the item is ranomized. Doesn't kill the game, just makes it a tad odd.
Dr.Disaster

Post by Dr.Disaster »

AFAIR items are in fact a bit randomizes.
CV77

Re: Legend of Grimrock - MASTER QUEST - PUBLIC RELEASE w/SOU

Post by CV77 »

jimirenton wrote:I really really enjoy your mod !
Quick question : What do we need to do with the Transmutation chamber ?
Thanks for your help !
SpoilerShow
The iron door alcove nearby needs something to help it open - try various items, one type of item will partially help - transmute that item into a different kind
[/quote]

I think I've tried all my items but nothing works. What type of item specifically am I supposed to transmute?

Btw, after finishing LoG2 I gave LoG1 another go, with your mod this time, and so far it's been an absolute joy. Thanks milion times for making it!
Komag

Post by Komag »

The type of item you need to try is ...
SpoilerShow
very small, and bright colored, and something you used on the floor above with the double crossing
CV77

Post by CV77 »

Komag wrote:The type of item you need to try is ...
SpoilerShow
very small, and bright colored, and something you used on the floor above with the double crossing
Hoooly mama, not in a million years would it occured to me to keep one of those.

Thanks! :D
CV77

Post by CV77 »

Ok @Komag, finished, with close to 5000 loot value (is it a lot?) and ALL the golden relics found 8-)

Just two questions - the readme to your mod says something about two hidden bosses. What were those? Because I just checked against your list of secrets and I think I found most of them. I don't remember no bosses though.

And what about the snail king on level15? Can you get to him somehow and fight him? Also I can see some loot and walkways up there, how do I get there?

Again, thanks a lot for many fun filled hours! :D
Komag

Post by Komag »

two new bosses:
SpoilerShow
1. Snail king fight on level 6/7. If you never did this, snail king retains his crown. Since you got all treasures, you must have done this fight.
2. not hidden - Crypt Uggardian - all elements in turn, plus black, very tough
As far as level 15:
SpoilerShow
There is no way to fight snail king there, you part ways (he teleports to safety as you are running out during quake). You also can't get the other loot, sorry, just for looks to give appearance that dungeon is bigger with more pathways.
bruudwin

Post by bruudwin »

2 things.

1. I'm wondering how come the big chunk of walkthrough you've posted cuts off around floor 7?

2. (need help here)
SpoilerShow
floor 9, goromorg temple
the area with the 2 ogres
I do as the scroll says, I have the ogres run at the opposite ends of their cells onto the pressure plates. nothing happens.
Komag

Post by Komag »

I just never finished the walkthrough, sorry!

Ogre crossing is tricky, it's all in the timing. Listing for the clicks, notice what happens in the room, and try to make everything occur with synchronicity