Enough with the Spiders

Talk about anything Legend of Grimrock 1 related here.
Rorrik

Re: Enough with the Spiders

Post by Rorrik »

I'm doing that level on hard and my two fighters can practically ignore poison, only use antidotes when the battle is done to make rest time shorter. Did you find the serpent bracelet? That's what makes the minotaur ignore the poison and the human dodges well enough not to get poisoned often, but he still outlasts it. I think what's killing you is getting hit over and over. Don't get surrounded and your good to go, getting surrounded will get you killed against anything.
Rorrik

Post by Rorrik »

Aravaine wrote:Also, don't forget about the blue glowing stone near the entrance to the level. It heals AND cures poison. I ran back there a bunch of times on this level.
Wait, can you use these more than once?
Kuningas

Post by Kuningas »

Have an escape plan.

Seriously, 9 out of ten of my deaths against spiders were because I backed into a dead end.

Also, don't be a miser. Use a potion if it saves your life, you will surely find more ingredients later.
BASILEUS
luthur1964

Post by luthur1964 »

"serpent bracelet" !!! -dang, I missed something! I thought I was doing swell with the secrets. Oh well, next run down...
Tepic

Post by Tepic »

Yes you can. Trust me!

The spiders freak me out, so I am taking a break. I will be back! When a game starts to frustrate me I usually save and quit for an hour, then the world becomes good again.
luthur1964

Post by luthur1964 »

Rorrik wrote:
Aravaine wrote:Also, don't forget about the blue glowing stone near the entrance to the level. It heals AND cures poison. I ran back there a bunch of times on this level.
Wait, can you use these more than once?
The health stones have a short "cool down" time. Not sure how long, but I've had to go back many times.
Rorrik

Post by Rorrik »

Wow, I've been doing things the hard way, is there a setting hard than hard? Reusable stones is great, though without a map(old-school, no graph paper) finding the way back can be a pain sometimes. Though I have these corridors memorized by now.
LastFootnote

Post by LastFootnote »

luthur1964 wrote:"serpent bracelet" !!! -dang, I missed something! I thought I was doing swell with the secrets. Oh well, next run down...
My advice: jump into every pit you find. There's some great stuff down there! What I wouldn't give for a Feather Fall spell, though. I was really hoping that would be the first Air spell.
Rorrik

Post by Rorrik »

LastFootnote wrote:
luthur1964 wrote:"serpent bracelet" !!! -dang, I missed something! I thought I was doing swell with the secrets. Oh well, next run down...
My advice: jump into every pit you find. There's some great stuff down there! What I wouldn't give for a Feather Fall spell, though. I was really hoping that would be the first Air spell.
This, I started jumping in for the experience, always extra mobs down there, and now for the puzzles and prizes.
Fnord

Post by Fnord »

Rorrik wrote:
LastFootnote wrote:
This, I started jumping in for the experience, always extra mobs down there, and now for the puzzles and prizes.
I wish I had started to notice that sooner, but yes, jumping into pits is fun!
(But it has resulted in more than a few deaths as well)

Anyway, the spiders are not that bad, as long as you don't get yourself surrounded. Just move ahead slowly, and plan your moves carefully.