The Party of One [warning: latest posts may contain spoiler]

Talk about anything Legend of Grimrock 1 related here.
Whisper

Re: The Party of One

Post by Whisper »

Juho, while you are at it.

Is there any way to increase spell damage (not counting special items) for magic school, except that one trait at 24/27 skill?

Also, STR stat only increase a little of attack, it doesnt increase damage more in hidden way?

p.s. Who is Toorum?
SpoilerShow
He basicly SOLO'd most of dungeon while people have trouble with party of 4 heroes.
Ashtray

Post by Ashtray »

Whisper wrote: p.s. Who is Toorum?
SpoilerShow
He basicly SOLO'd most of dungeon while people have trouble with party of 4 heroes.
Iam at work , so can't test this.. but what happens if you name your character as Toorum 8-) ? Single player mode ?

Or name your party as Petri, Juho , Antti , Olli ... God mode ? :twisted: :D
Lex

Post by Lex »

Ashtray wrote:
Whisper wrote: p.s. Who is Toorum? He basicly SOLO'd most of dungeon while people have trouble with party of 4 heroes.
Iam at work , so can't test this.. but what happens if you name your character as Toorum 8-) ? Single player mode ?

Or name your party as Petri, Juho , Antti , Olli ... God mode ? :twisted: :D
I've checked both options already :D
In second case I've even tried to use the same avatars as they have on forum, lol :D
custom Legend of Grimrock printable DVD box insert and disc label: link
Lex

Post by Lex »

kitty wrote:Ok. I also tried almost everything. So it is time to directly ask developers. What is the correct way how to start a game with only one character? Or if it is not possible atm - create a feature request.
I think - there is a way. Just a "very" hidden one to discover. To be possible to play solo, It should be done relatively early in the game. On character creation screen (as I said above) I've tried naming them in some special way. Later in starting chamber I've tried to cast different spells in four "small rooms". All in all, nothing happened. I've also tried one more thing but it is related to in-game secret area on first level so I'll hide it in spoiler tags.
SpoilerShow
I've also tried to throw different spells at the statue in secret room opened in starting area and use these two items - nothing happened.
Chiller

Post by Chiller »

I found it :) One of the above suggestions was correct, so thanks! I had finished the game on hard before, finding all treasures/Toorum notes and
SpoilerShow
resurrecting Toorum
so it's possible that one of those actions unlocked it. Hadn't found all secrets, though.
petri

Post by petri »

Congratz, as far as we know you're the first one to uncover this secret! :D
juho

Post by juho »

Well done Chiller!
Follow me on Twitter: @JuhoMakingStuff
Lex

Post by Lex »

Chiller: thanks for reply - have you checked how many experience you are getting as solo? More or the same amount?
Chiller

Post by Chiller »

Answer:
SpoilerShow
Normal amount of XP and 4 skill pts per level but you get some extra skill pts to start with.
Only levelled to 2 so far, though.

Also: first, really? Wheeeeee!
Whisper

Post by Whisper »

Probably you also need to play on Hard.

Well, most people probably (well, i do hope so) do play this game on Hard (since its too easy on normal) but still.