What would you like to see added?

Talk about anything Legend of Grimrock 1 related here.
Saice

Re: What would you like to see added?

Post by Saice »

Outlaw wrote:I think it would be great if combat could have two different modes:

- real time (as it is now)
- turn based: I think this one could add more tactical depth. I really love this game, but the combat system is a bit awkward, specially with mages, casting and at the same time attacking with my fighters and all that!

The rest of the features I'd like to see have been mentioned before...
The issue with a true turn based is they would really need to change how the move/action thing would work otherwise you could get mobs into the 2x2 circle fight and they would have zero chance to return the attack. At lest with real time you got some risk factor. The other flip side to turn base would be the move then action sort of system but then every fight would be effectively toe to toe making combat insanely harder then it is now. Could you imagine fighting two ogres with them get a hit every turn on you?
It is pitch black. You are likely to be eaten by a grue.
My end game stats LoG 1st play through
Outlaw

Post by Outlaw »

Saice wrote:
Outlaw wrote:I think it would be great if combat could have two different modes:

- turn based: I think this one could add more tactical depth. I really love this game, but the combat system is a bit awkward, specially with mages, casting and at the same time attacking with my fighters and all that!

The issue with a true turn based is they would really need to change how the move/action thing would work otherwise you could get mobs into the 2x2 circle fight and they would have zero chance to return the attack. At lest with real time you got some risk factor. The other flip side to turn base would be the move then action sort of system but then every fight would be effectively toe to toe making combat insanely harder then it is now. Could you imagine fighting two ogres with them get a hit every turn on you?
I know what you mean. But I just don't like to strafe all the time, it lacks the tactical element I always like to have in any RPG. I think that maybe, if possible, they (the devs) should try to add another combat system, be it turn based (toe to toe) be it action points based turns, etc.
viperdeal

Post by viperdeal »

Replay the game with the same team?

The big thing for me is that once i finished the game... that was it... I could not play over again with my party. It's like i just invested all this time in my characters to see them just sit and be forced to create a new team if i wanted to play again.

What I would like to see is the possibility to replay the game with my current team on the same difficulty, on hard difficulty or maybe on much hardcore one with monsters hp increased x 5 or x 10 maybe >:D all the secrets that have been revealed leave them revealed just respawn the monsters and watch them get chopped

I just don't want to leave my party at the end I wanna play more with them maybe reach level 50 in more than 1 skill i am sure many will agree with me we all want to max out those characters :D
great game been waiting long time for something like it :)

Mage System too slow!

the system is far too slow for the fast passed combat once u select a spell let it sit in his hand and be able to recast it right away and not having to select the combo again... it takes far too long especially if you are trapped in a corner if u have to select those runes every time you want to cast... you are dead. i had to create a new team mid game and start all over and guess what it does not have a mage. I really like mages even thought of making a mage team but casting too slow i cant keep up with running watching where to go select runes this and that I think it needs some fix :/

that's it 2 major things that really bugged me otherwise awesome game
viperdeal

Post by viperdeal »

Outlaw wrote:
Saice wrote:

I know what you mean. But I just don't like to strafe all the time, it lacks the tactical element I always like to have in any RPG. I think that maybe, if possible, they (the devs) should try to add another combat system, be it turn based (toe to toe) be it action points based turns, etc.

no no man you are missing the point the game is what it is turn based is slow and repetitive final fantasy from 1 - 100 sucks all of them :D ok well a game cant have 2 modes for it monsters have to be resized in damage/hp/speed/abilities classes have to be redone for them are not created to fight head on monsters right now... but they must run and dodge hide heal run again to heal jump into a pit to escape a charging ogre or whatever. The game is what it is there is plenty of other things they are working on like creating a dungeon editor for example its far more important
Draconicus

Post by Draconicus »

xdeath wrote:I would like some more classes, dungeons, monsters, spells, portraits, weapons, armours, etc.
But mainly more classes(priest, healer, or white mage please).
That!

That's my wishes too::)
Raggie

Post by Raggie »

More variety in areas. Forests, castles, swamps, cities, towers etc.
Dandy

Post by Dandy »

nianu wrote:
earthyearth wrote:some more races and classes

so more variety in parties

I did a survey earlier and like 95% of the parties are 2 fighters, a rogue, and a mage
i am the 5% :lol:
I also am a 5%er. Do I get a teddy?
Last edited by Dandy on Thu Apr 19, 2012 11:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
Dungeon Legend about the Master of Grimrock
lowzei

Post by lowzei »

Wish of the day: More slime monsters, different types/colours of them and a % that your weapons get stuck inside of them, so you first have to kill them to get your weapon(s) back. In rare cases the weapons might be decreased in quality, get enhanced with a feature afterwards.
Last edited by lowzei on Thu Apr 19, 2012 11:30 am, edited 3 times in total.
Whisper

Post by Whisper »

Make "Real hard" difficulty and in it limit ability to avoid all damage by strafing, "dancing". Maybe mobs can use counter-tactics to this, being faster to move and turn.
Drax

Post by Drax »

Whisper wrote:Make "Real hard" difficulty and in it limit ability to avoid all damage by strafing, "dancing". Maybe mobs can use counter-tactics to this, being faster to move and turn.
How would you suggest balancing out mages lack of survivability?