MASTER QUEST HELP: puzzles, clues, SECRETS, WALKTHROUGH

Talk about creating Grimrock 1 levels and mods here. Warning: forum contains spoilers!
Komag

Re: MASTER QUEST HELP: puzzles, clues, SECRETS, WALKTHROUGH

Post by Komag »

no bug. You must have already pressed down the pressure plates on the other two sides of the central hub there. You probably didn't do the one on the North side of the hub, deep within the ice lizard lair. You can still go back and to that, and then the walls will open up.
Finished Dungeons - complete mods to play
neobit

Post by neobit »

Komag wrote:no bug. You must have already pressed down the pressure plates on the other two sides of the central hub there. You probably didn't do the one on the North side of the hub, deep within the ice lizard lair. You can still go back and to that, and then the walls will open up.
The problem is I did. I was already on all (three available) sides of the hub.

EDIT:
My savefile http://speedy.sh/MCZY9/quicksave.sav
Dr.Disaster

Post by Dr.Disaster »

neobit wrote:The problem is I did. I was already on all (three available) sides of the hub.

EDIT:
Your savegame shows that you did NOT enter the southern side of the hub.
The pressure plate there is not pressed, the alcove there is not empty.
neobit

Post by neobit »

Dr.Disaster wrote:
neobit wrote:The problem is I did. I was already on all (three available) sides of the hub.

EDIT:
Your savegame shows that you did NOT enter the southern side of the hub.
The pressure plate there is not pressed, the alcove there is not empty.
I have checked it, and you are right!
Sorry for misleading and thank you for the help.
Komag

Post by Komag »

Someday I should make it absolutely impossible to do out of order, such as having the north and south alcoves contains the two keys needed for sanctum entry. This isn't the first time this exact issue has come up, nor will it be the last.
severgates

Post by severgates »

Hi.
I have a question regarding snail king and last level of a game
SpoilerShow
1. Is it possible to kill him at the end of the game? Being on lvl15 I can see him on the lvl14 above me, but can't find the way to his room.
2. While walking on lvl15 I see Snail King on the left hand and on the right hand there is a secret with Valor Boots (if I see correctly) and an orb. I've searched all rooms available after killing cube between lvls 11 and 15 and there is no way to get there. Is it also connected with snail king?
Komag

Post by Komag »

Sorry, both areas are inaccessible to the player, just to give a more expansive feeling to the dungeon and invoke the feelings of wanting to explore more if it were possible ;) Congrats on finishing the game!
simblanco

Post by simblanco »

Hello everyone! First of all, thanks for this great mod, is good fun! Second, i'm stuck on level 9 :(
SpoilerShow
after the pillared hallways, I get one ornate key lying on the floor in a corridor. Where do I find the other to open the door?
thanks!
Dr.Disaster

Post by Dr.Disaster »

simblanco wrote:Hello everyone! First of all, thanks for this great mod, is good fun! Second, i'm stuck on level 9 :(
SpoilerShow
after the pillared hallways, I get one ornate key lying on the floor in a corridor. Where do I find the other to open the door?
Seems you got some exploring left to do on level 9. Others usually find the key you got last.
simblanco

Post by simblanco »

Dr.Disaster wrote:
simblanco wrote:Hello everyone! First of all, thanks for this great mod, is good fun! Second, i'm stuck on level 9 :(
SpoilerShow
Seems you got some exploring left to do on level 9. Others usually find the key you got last.
you are right, I was just
SpoilerShow
scared by the ice lizards ;)
thanks for the prompt reply!