[MOD] Call Of House Hardabar

Are you looking for fun Custom Dungeons that you could play or do you want to share your mod with others? Then this forum is for you!
2498billb

Re: [MOD] Call Of House Hardabar

Post by 2498billb »

ene wrote: Tue Apr 04, 2023 5:43 pm
2498billb wrote: Mon Apr 03, 2023 8:27 pm Help needed again, I'm in the Styr Jungle and cannot find 'Air', I have got Fire, Water, & Earth
Any hint or spoiler welcome, also stuck at spear gate near north at some stairs going down, how do I open the gate?
you mean (essence of) air? isn't this one supposed to be found way sooner (greyfish swamp)?
As i'm not there yet, just a suggestion
Yes they are all essences but should be found in Styr Jungle area, I have scoured the area and found 3
but there's a spear gate to which I cannot find out how to open, I think the essence of air maybe
down there.
bongobeat wrote: Sun Apr 02, 2023 10:05 am Well, try to put the item on the very low part of the table, but normally it should work even higher.
That table is not an altar, it has an invisible lock that is located at the bottom end of the table (on the table not on the foot's table)
am i supposed to do some pixel hunting here ? i'm sorry but i almost clicked everywhere, tried other kind of stuff so that the letters could be validated - absolutely nothing works - for me at least. It 'may be there' somewhere, i don't say the opposite

I wouldn't mind a console code (to trigger the dialogue)
Banaora

Post by Banaora »

ene wrote: Tue Apr 04, 2023 5:43 pm
bongobeat wrote: Sun Apr 02, 2023 10:05 am Well, try to put the item on the very low part of the table, but normally it should work even higher.
That table is not an altar, it has an invisible lock that is located at the bottom end of the table (on the table not on the foot's table)
am i supposed to do some pixel hunting here ? i'm sorry but i almost clicked everywhere, tried other kind of stuff so that the letters could be validated - absolutely nothing works - for me at least. It 'may be there' somewhere, i don't say the opposite

I wouldn't mind a console code (to trigger the dialogue)
You need to directly look at the shield with the swords on the wall i.e. the table is sideways - like it is on your picture. Then it worked for me. But it seems you already tried that many times. Just to be sure you tried with the letter marked as a quest item, right?

Maybe Bongobeat can make the table an altar and check which item is put on it. Then you could just put the quest note/letter from whatever direction you like.
2498billb wrote: Mon Apr 03, 2023 8:27 pm Help needed again, I'm in the Styr Jungle and cannot find 'Air', I have got Fire, Water, & Earth
Any hint or spoiler welcome, also stuck at spear gate near north at some stairs going down, how do I open the gate?
You open the spear gate by coming from the stairs if I remember that correctly. Have you found the trap door in the very south-east corner of the map? Can't say for sure but I think the last essence you're missing is down there somewhere as well.
ene

Post by ene »

Banaora wrote: Tue Apr 04, 2023 10:08 pm Just to be sure you tried with the letter marked as a quest item, right?
That's what i was wondering actually. I found only 2 letters, but none is marked as quest items.. I was thinking something about that, theory confirmed (sorry bg, i swear at you the whole day :? :lol: you're the boss, i'll be forever just an apprentice). Thanks for the input, Banaora. Now i'm wondering where did i miss that infomous 'quest letter' ?? Is it in the sewers?

bwt Banaora, have you finished the mod? you seem to have the answers for everything (almost)

Banaora wrote: Tue Apr 04, 2023 10:08 pm
You open the spear gate by coming from the stairs if I remember that correctly. Have you found the trap door in the very south-east corner of the map? Can't say for sure but I think the last essence you're missing is down there somewhere as well.
confirmed, the eesence of air is in the groove caves, there's a pit in the south-east part of styr jungle
knr

Post by knr »

Got back into this and finished chapter 2, a new batch of questions.

1. I think I got 7 secrets in the planetarium unless I miscounted and got that extra secret from somewhere else.

2. The archives note is unclear on this, does palace+skyreach together have 10 or 11 secrets?

3. Feel like I've cleaned out the city now, and didn't find a way to reach the academy from housing. Does this come later?

4. I can't see any way to use the gem of the moon in the appropriate npc's house.

5. No clue what the fallen puzzle in the jungle is about.
Banaora

Post by Banaora »

ene wrote: Tue Apr 04, 2023 10:43 pm
Banaora wrote: Tue Apr 04, 2023 10:08 pm Just to be sure you tried with the letter marked as a quest item, right?
That's what i was wondering actually. I found only 2 letters, but none is marked as quest items.. I was thinking something about that, theory confirmed (sorry bg, i swear at you the whole day :? :lol: you're the boss, i'll be forever just an apprentice). Thanks for the input, Banaora. Now i'm wondering where did i miss that infomous 'quest letter' ?? Is it in the sewers?
Yes, it's in the sewers in the room
SpoilerShow
where you fought the dragons. There is a corpse with a dagger and a letter.
ene wrote: Tue Apr 04, 2023 10:43 pmbwt Banaora, have you finished the mod? you seem to have the answers for everything (almost)
I've finished the mod recently, but this mod is sooo big that to some questions I already forgot the exact answer, because I only remember some stuff vaguely :lol:
Banaora

Post by Banaora »

knr wrote: Wed Apr 05, 2023 1:54 am Got back into this and finished chapter 2, a new batch of questions.

1. I think I got 7 secrets in the planetarium unless I miscounted and got that extra secret from somewhere else.

2. The archives note is unclear on this, does palace+skyreach together have 10 or 11 secrets?

3. Feel like I've cleaned out the city now, and didn't find a way to reach the academy from housing. Does this come later?

4. I can't see any way to use the gem of the moon in the appropriate npc's house.

5. No clue what the fallen puzzle in the jungle is about.
1. Think you miscounted. There are 6 secrets in the level planetarium.
2. Together there are 10 secrets. 1 secret in the level sky reach and 9 in the palace.
3. I'm not sure what you mean here. I'm sure you know the academy is reached from the palace.
4. You need all
SpoilerShow
4 gems of the moon for this to work.
5. Can't remember exactly but I think
SpoilerShow
2 names are the same on every gravestone.
Tirsk

Post by Tirsk »

There are 7 secrets in the planetarium. Although the scroll says about 6.
https://ibb.co/TBCSrBm

And please tell me the secrets in Malan Tael Plaza. Found 2, and don't know how to get to 1 (above the canal).
https://ibb.co/MkqrBBD
Banaora

Post by Banaora »

Tirsk wrote: Wed Apr 05, 2023 4:30 am There are 7 secrets in the planetarium. Although the scroll says about 6.
https://ibb.co/TBCSrBm

And please tell me the secrets in Malan Tael Plaza. Found 2, and don't know how to get to 1 (above the canal).
https://ibb.co/MkqrBBD
The one at 29,23 is not a secret. Well it is a secret but does not count as one. At least when you check the level with the console. In theory it could trigger a secret that's recorded on another map and I don't know whether it does that. Oh well.

About Malan Tael
SpoilerShow
Maybe your champs can walk on water? And for the last secret: Have you placed three items of St. Rhenard on his altar at the shrine?
marten_1992

Post by marten_1992 »

help needed again ...
the dwarven forge, several time pressing that sequence did it, definitely seems to be a little buggy
lacking the moonstone and battlehammer to get second crypt key
that pirate flag riddle in the library , the glowing button right of it must probably be activated somehow ?
and...that riddle in the palace with horses, boots and horseshoes always seems to end with 0 but I cannot enter a 0 !?
bregdan anweald gafeluec ...
Tirsk

Post by Tirsk »

Banaora wrote: Wed Apr 05, 2023 7:12 am
The one at 29,23 is not a secret. Well it is a secret but does not count as one. At least when you check the level with the console. In theory it could trigger a secret that's recorded on another map and I don't know whether it does that. Oh well.
Well, I mark the places where I receive a message about finding a secret. I also checked the statistics.

Thanks for the Malan Tael tips. But my wound healing gloves...
marten_1992 wrote: Wed Apr 05, 2023 9:02 am that pirate flag riddle in the library , the glowing button right of it must probably be activated somehow ?
Glowing button is just a lamp
SpoilerShow
The secret is opened by a button hidden behind the flag itself, in the eye or mouth, I don’t remember exactly.
marten_1992 wrote: Wed Apr 05, 2023 9:02 am and...that riddle in the palace with horses, boots and horseshoes always seems to end with 0 but I cannot enter a 0 !?
Look at the posts on page 30, they answered my question there.