MASTER QUEST HELP: puzzles, clues, SECRETS, WALKTHROUGH

Talk about creating Grimrock 1 levels and mods here. Warning: forum contains spoilers!
kick2314

Re: MASTER QUEST HELP: puzzles, clues, SECRETS, WALKTHROUGH

Post by kick2314 »

Hey komag, first thing, thanks a lot for making this mod, so far its been far better that the original :D
Second thing, i think i've found a bug. On level 9 after you sacrifice the relics and step into the tp I had a problem with the trap door puzzle. I went in and without activating any of the secret buttons i managed to open the door with the key so i took it and stepped out of the pressure plate, but the central hub thing didn't open up. At this point i didnt know about the hub so i kept searching for ways to solve the puzzle and so i found all the secret buttons. I did all that stuff and got the lighting sword but the hub is still closed. In all the playtroughs I've seen they take the key after doing the secret buttons so i figured out i could have bugged the puzzle by doing it in the wrong order.

Anyway, hope this helps, and if im just being an idiot and not realising something very obvious im very sorry but there is no way i can make the hub open now and i only had one save file so i cant go back and this was kinda my last resort :S
Komag

Post by Komag »

No bug :) You can still go back around and activate the other alcoves around the hub - there is a secret button to open the "Outer Sanctum" door to go back out.
Finished Dungeons - complete mods to play
kick2314

Post by kick2314 »

Ok i figured out finally :P The alcove after the pillared hallway.... omg that took me time...
Anyway thanks a lot for answering my question and sorry for being a noob, puzzles do get over my head sometimes :S
acwhammy

Post by acwhammy »

I just recently discovered Grimrock and I love it. I was happy to hear there was a new dungeon such as this so I could continue to level up my characters! I'm approaching level 7 and I noticed the walkthrough on the first post only goes to level 7. Did the rest of it get cut-off in the spoiler or was the walkthrough never completed? Thanks!

ac
Komag

Post by Komag »

I never finished the walkthrough, been meaning to get to that one day :)
Finished Dungeons - complete mods to play
acwhammy

Post by acwhammy »

Ah ok, that's fine, I understand it is a lot of work! And you have already done enough for the community by creating the dungeon itself! I will just look at the secret tips for a guide.

I do have a question though - Can you list the 6 different armor sets? I know there is Lurker, Plate, Valor, Chitin. Is one of them Ring? If so, what helmet goes with it?

I think I may have been playing on an older version of your dungeon as I didn't have a quickbar or didn't seem to get any special armor set bonus. I subscribed on steam and it didn't download immediately so I found another link online (new to this, didn't realize how it worked)

ac
Dr.Disaster

Post by Dr.Disaster »

acwhammy wrote:I do have a question though - Can you list the 6 different armor sets? I know there is Lurker, Plate, Valor, Chitin. Is one of them Ring? If so, what helmet goes with it?
Ring and Leather are those you look for. There are several metal non-plate helmets so they could all fit into the Ring set. My take is that it's the basinet.

Both armor bonuses and quick bar are rather new to MQ. With the introduction of the armor bonuses all armor pieces have been redefined so in case you got an older save game with any character wearing a piece of those armor sets do NOT continue with it! Reason is that as soon as you try to unequip that armor piece LoG will crash! The best way to work around this is to start again and re-import your old party.
acwhammy

Post by acwhammy »

Awesome, thanks Dr Disaster. I will be starting over, but I have another question.

I have read that monster experience is based on the monster level. Are the monster levels higher in hard mode in the master quest? I know it is determined by your characters level, but is it also determined by difficulty? Does dungeon level completion give more exp in hard?

ac
Dr.Disaster

Post by Dr.Disaster »

acwhammy wrote:I have read that monster experience is based on the monster level. Are the monster levels higher in hard mode in the master quest? I know it is determined by your characters level, but is it also determined by difficulty? Does dungeon level completion give more exp in hard?
Difficulty does not effect monster level or experience gain. What it effects is monster's reaction time, speed and damage.
acwhammy

Post by acwhammy »

Ah, ok.

Komag, is there a possibility you can add Ranger as a playable class to this mod? :)

Nevermind, just figured out how to make a Ranger at character creation using the console :D