MASTER QUEST HELP: puzzles, clues, SECRETS, WALKTHROUGH

Talk about creating Grimrock 1 levels and mods here. Warning: forum contains spoilers!
straael

Re: MASTER QUEST HELP: puzzles, clues, SECRETS, WALKTHROUGH

Post by straael »

Got it.

Am I the only one that thinks pit trajectories should be consistent? Jump into a pit on level A at X,Y, arrive on level (A+1) at X,Y.

Edit: Thanks, Dr.Disaster. I didn't try every pit, because I thought their locations correlated with their outputs. Thanks for the tip!
Dr.Disaster

Post by Dr.Disaster »

straael wrote:Am I the only one that thinks pit trajectories should be consistent? Jump into a pit on level A at X,Y, arrive on level (A+1) at X,Y.
In LoG that's the default.
What might make it a bit hard to track them could be their placement on the map book page, especialy when one has to flip pages.
Komag

Post by Komag »

The trajectories are exactly consistent, so it must be that it was just hard to see when lining up the maps, as suggested :)

Anyway, glad you are enjoying it!
Finished Dungeons - complete mods to play
straael

Post by straael »

You're absolutely right! I don't know how I didn't see that. Sorry!
straael

Post by straael »

Komag, I think I may have found a bug(?). Several times throughout the game, I realized I was out of arrows for my rogue. I thought I had lost them by accident and after searching and failing, I was sad but decided to move on.

Then I had a particular save point where, after loading, I felt the need to rest. While resting, I was presented with one of the mental communications. After the text, my arrows were gone. I loaded again, confirming I had 10+ arrows, in-hand on my rogue, and then rested, and saw as those arrows had disappeared after the scene. This happened with quarrels as well.

I'm sorry to say I don't have the save anymore, but I think I could reproduce it (I saved at the entrance to every level :P), if needed. Have you seen this before, or am I the first to experience it? I never saw this happen in the main game.
Komag

Post by Komag »

This is the first I've heard of that issue, certainly never happened to me on many play-throughs some of which used arrows and bolts. But it's still possible that something is wrong, so if you could possibly reproduce it and send me a save file, I'll check it out for sure.

Right now I can't imagine what would cause that, but the dream setup is quite complex so maybe something is going on with that. Are you saying the arrows are in the rogue's hand, not on the mouse pointer?
Komag

Post by Komag »

I've made a large update to Master Quest (to version 1.4) which should be the final one, fixing a number of small issues, and introducing two big things: Quick Action Bar, and Armor Sets (with bonuses).

Nexus has the updated version at this point, still trying to get Steam to accept the update
Clive42

Post by Clive42 »

Question about
SpoilerShow
7-5-63 pits N of maze shadows Lv8, near uggs, alcove
The hint says to
SpoilerShow
jump in pits that are more N
But I already closed both and there seems to be no way to re-open them. Is there something I'm missing? Or do I just have to resign myself to being 1 secret short?
Komag

Post by Komag »

There is no way to reopen them. This is an issue I fixed in 1.4, but you cannot use a save game from 1.3 or it will crash with the armor scripts. By you could do a quick party:setPosition trick, although I'm not at my PC to tell you the coordinates right now
Clive42

Post by Clive42 »

Okay, no biggie, but thanks for replying and for fixing it!