[Open / Signup] One Room Round Robin 3 - Calling All Modders

Ask for help about creating mods and scripts for Grimrock 2 or share your tips, scripts, tools and assets with other modders here. Warning: forum contains spoilers!
AdrTru

Re: [Open / Signup] One Room Round Robin 3 - Calling All Mod

Post by AdrTru »

EW:
I think that you may use this DM3 Pack. Use there nessessary objects and in ORRR3 will be finished reducted this mod size by used objects/textures. Becouse for me is some objects suitible too. I may to share 1Mb of my unused space.

BTW: I dont known if is my work sutible for my room 2. This will be "medium" difficulty puzzle for Cataconbs/Tomb. ( only a few monster will be there).

PS: Have someone some nice "hero song" melody for 12 notes with uniform notes length? C to H(B)
My LOG2 projects: virtual money, Forge recipes, liquid potions and
MultiAlcoveManager, Toolbox, Graphic text,
minmay

Post by minmay »

Eleven Warrior wrote:Minmay can you shrink those Coffin textures??
There's not much point in using custom textures in the first place if you're just going to blur them to crap anyway by using a 512x512 texture for a 3 meter object. Have you tried playing Grimrock with lowered texture resolution? It looks really, really bad. Obviously you can use the DM asset pack for anything you want when it's released (within the license terms), but it relies on custom textures; it wouldn't be much of an asset pack otherwise! So I wouldn't expect to be able to use very much of it with only 3 MB.
Why not just use the sarcophagi included in Grimrock 2 instead? You could remodel them to get rid of the fancy gold/blue trim or make completely opened ones or whatever, the models are about 60 KB apiece (about 120KB with the wall).
Grimrock 1 dungeon
Grimrock 2 resources
I no longer answer scripting questions in private messages. Please ask in a forum topic or this Discord server.
JohnWordsworth

Post by JohnWordsworth »

@Asteroth: Yeah, I think I remember seeing some images of your grungy / asylum-esque wall set - it was pretty cool as I remember. Always sad to hear when such great works are lost :(.

@akroma222: Done!
My Grimrock Projects Page with links to the Grimrock Model Toolkit, GrimFBX, Atlas Toolkit, QuickBar, NoteBook and the Oriental Weapons Pack.
minmay

Post by minmay »

After a lot of thought I've decided I want to withdraw from this project if possible. There aren't any satisfying room designs that I could implement without derailing my other mods (either by stealing content from them and having to redesign a bunch of stuff to replace it, or by spending many weeks on new content for the room). I'm sorry to have signed up and thrown off the schedule.
Grimrock 1 dungeon
Grimrock 2 resources
I no longer answer scripting questions in private messages. Please ask in a forum topic or this Discord server.
Isaac

Post by Isaac »

minmay wrote:After a lot of thought I've decided I want to withdraw from this project if possible. There aren't any satisfying room designs that I could implement without derailing my other mods (either by stealing content from them and having to redesign a bunch of stuff to replace it, or by spending many weeks on new content for the room). I'm sorry to have signed up and thrown off the schedule.
It's a chance at some informal fun; making something quick. I bet we all have 20 project folders of just concepts [never to be full mods]; those are what to pull from. It doesn't have to be a signature piece, or require two to three weeks work; (aside from testing that is). Even just a single puzzle or monster idea adds to the whole.
minmay

Post by minmay »

I know there are not any standards for rooms. But I do have standards for my name. I really have thought about this quite thoroughly over the past week, I was too impulsive signing up. Please, I really am very sorry about the disruption, but I can't contribute a room.
Grimrock 1 dungeon
Grimrock 2 resources
JohnWordsworth

Post by JohnWordsworth »

Hi Minmay. Sorry to hear that you're out of inspiration for the ORRR3. If you get a good idea for a room in the future and change your mind, then you're obviously more than welcome to take a room any point down the line (I don't intend to close signups unless we hit "full" status!).
My Grimrock Projects Page with links to the Grimrock Model Toolkit, GrimFBX, Atlas Toolkit, QuickBar, NoteBook and the Oriental Weapons Pack.
Dr.Disaster

Post by Dr.Disaster »

minmay wrote:I know there are not any standards for rooms. But I do have standards for my name. I really have thought about this quite thoroughly over the past week, I was too impulsive signing up. Please, I really am very sorry about the disruption, but I can't contribute a room.
Do you mean your personal standards requiring larger rooms, more floors or more MB then the current ORRR3 setup grants? Otherwise i don't see how it could conflict. Some of the modders from ORRR1 and 2 did re-use or re-fresh rooms they already released in their completed mods and they still were fun to play, so no prob with that.
Azel

Post by Azel »

minmay wrote:I know there are not any standards for rooms. But I do have standards for my name. I really have thought about this quite thoroughly over the past week, I was too impulsive signing up. Please, I really am very sorry about the disruption, but I can't contribute a room.
I think this would be a good opportunity for you to finally give your name a proper standard, to be honest. Between your forum activity and your "Lost Halls" Mod, the only thing you really carry to your name right now is "technical perfectionist." But how about you show us something else? While your "Lost Halls" Mod was a technical masterpiece, it certainly fell short in other arenas of game design: reward factor, mood, tone, story, intrigue, humor, excitement, player achievement... to name a few. You've openly admitted a lot of this yourself (you blame it on time constraints).

Since your currently released Mod has the same tone from the first square up to the very last, consider giving us a taste of the creative side you have been hiding all these years? Take a room in this RRR3, use the vanilla assets, and showcase something creative instead of something technical. Give everyone something to look forward to in your next Mod. Give us something that puts the focus on the Game World instead of the Game Author.

I dont want to derail the thread much but figured if there was a chance to change your mind about leaving, some honest feedback would do it. If not, no harm no foul.
JohnWordsworth

Post by JohnWordsworth »

Please play nice guys and try not to make anything personal. This is meant to be a super-friendly and happy sign-up thread that shows what an awesome team we are for new designers who are thinking of getting into modding!

Return to “Mod Creation”