Enough with the Spiders

Talk about anything Legend of Grimrock 1 related here.
e8hffff

Re: Enough with the Spiders

Post by e8hffff »

There is one spot on level three where you need to enter the room and the door closed behind you. In there are two spiders and no where to run around due to eggs making it a single corridor.
HeavyMetalMonk

Post by HeavyMetalMonk »

Then break the eggs, duh. This is just a matter of a lack of common sense, now.
Darklord

Post by Darklord »

Have you noticed, if you smash the spiders eggs, the spiders come running from a distance and start attacking? Clever coding that. :)

Daniel.
A gently fried snail slice is absolutely delicious with a pat of butter...
HeavyMetalMonk

Post by HeavyMetalMonk »

Darklord wrote:Have you noticed, if you smash the spiders eggs, the spiders come running from a distance and start attacking? Clever coding that. :)

Daniel.
I actually didn't notice that. I tend to fall back and plant myself somewhere easily defendable when there's more than one monster in a small area. I usually end up smashing the eggs after they're dead :P
Bargeral

Post by Bargeral »

I wanted to mention that I don't think the door trick is an exploit. Spiders can't open doors, so it a legit tactc. It's important because it's exactly the kind of challange tthat makes the game fun. SPIDERS crap! (Slam) :mrgreen:
Dirge Inferno

Post by Dirge Inferno »

Shh, no need to cry about it being hard. Sad, you're just soft because the games you play are CoD and Battlefield. This is an old school game with great up-to-date graphics, you see games use to be a lot more challenging which made them more fun. Nowadays games are easy as hell, that's why you find the game so hard. No need to get angry, just stop hitting the bench will you?
luthur1964

Post by luthur1964 »

OK. Level three ramps it up a bit, and I've completed all of it, but I have to say this. Those spiders are friggin awesome! I know it's a game and everyone wants to beat it and "win" but these spiders scared the piss outta me. Yes I almost pee'd me pants. I once screamed out loud when one snuck up behind me unawares. They move fast and are so realistic. Remember that's it's a game, and you're supposed to have fun. Relish in the excitement and avoid feelings of frustration. Don't be hating the game because you're not flying through it. It's not a race -- enjoy the journey.
Aravaine

Post by Aravaine »

Also, don't forget about the blue glowing stone near the entrance to the level. It heals AND cures poison. I ran back there a bunch of times on this level.
Dirge Inferno

Post by Dirge Inferno »

Are you referring to the blue stones that you click on?
Darklord

Post by Darklord »

Yes.

Daniel.
A gently fried snail slice is absolutely delicious with a pat of butter...