New monster proposals

Talk about anything related to Legend of Grimrock 2 here.
alexkidd86

Re: New monster proposals

Post by alexkidd86 »

A Statue that comes to life - you know those statues of warriors that you see in certain places? Funny, cause while playing i thought that one of them may come to life. Well, what if one of them come to life, and when you kill them, they shatter into pieces

More enemies that drop shield, weapons, armor when killed - undead knight and ogre drop weapons, but it would be cool to see more enemies drop certain weapons and armor. Perhaps even other items, such as arrows and rocks

a Giant Rat Wolf creature- a creature that just runs at you. Similiar to that purple fly, he repeatedly goes at you, and you need to fight him as quick as possible before it kills you. Gives you rabies, which turns your meter yellow. Have yellow potion in handy

Ice Lizard returns with Freeze power - Ice Lizards are back, and this time they live up to their name. They attack you with ice shards and shoot ice bolts at you. If you get frozen, you cant attack and move for a few seconds, unless you have some sort of anti freeze potion

Gear Cubes - these are actually small versions of the Giant Gear monster. They dont squash you, but attack you. You need to take out the parts they have, then attack them. Would be interesting to see this since beating the Gear cube monster was a blast

Small evil fairy- they fly around and can shoot a bolt of an element. Theres an evil ice fairy, evil shock fairy, evil poison fairy, evil fire fairy. They look pretty, but they are very dangerous.

a Giant Man and Woman - all you see is there legs and feet coming at you stomping at you. You need to go around and attack them. Perhaps you need to attack their heels since thats their weakness. Or if you got a 3D maneuver Gear then you can slice the back of their necks, which is their weak point

Slender man - He can scare you to the point of giving you a heart attack. He comes out at you out of nowhere, can scare you to death, LITERALLY ! Players beware..................... just kiddin
Dregor

Post by Dregor »

Orcs - classic enemies, always fun!

Lizardman's/Minotaurs/Insectoid's - with different weapons and armors.

Bandits/Grave-robbers/Renegades/Outlaws/Thief's/Cultists/Thugs/Marauders/ - also from different races.

Demons - probably very difficult opponents.

Vampires - hey dungeons are full of them!

Werewolves - we don't want to keep Vampires lonely...

Dark Elves - after all we are underground.
Neikun

Post by Neikun »

You'd think fantasy creatures underground would be really white due to lack of pigment from the sun.
Last edited by Neikun on Thu Dec 12, 2013 3:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
"I'm okay with being referred to as a goddess."
Community Model Request Thread
See what I'm working on right now: Neikun's Workshop
Lead Coordinator for Legends of the Northern Realms Project
  • Message me to join in!
LocalFire

Post by LocalFire »

If they put in some new AI types like a flee state then maybe a monster that flees when the party has torch, it follows you just out of range of the light waiting for the torch to burn out! :twisted:
My Dungeons
Paths of the Earth: viewtopic.php?f=14&t=5136
Beneath the Sands: viewtopic.php?f=14&t=5216
Videos: viewtopic.php?f=11&t=5443
Ixnatifual

Post by Ixnatifual »

Some ideas...

A monster that splits into smaller monsters when destroyed. A slime type creature, perhaps.

A crazy stationary plant monster that grows throughout the dungeon through by expanding vine-like roots and could potentially fill multiple rooms and hallways. To kill it every space it occupies must die. Some rules may be needed to restrict its growth. Perhaps it grows more slowly the bigger it becomes. Think Ivy Creeper from the old Ragnarok/Valhalla Roguelike.

A parasitic creature that preys on other monsters. The original monster's behaviour changes somehow, and when killed the parasite emerges and must be killed or perhaps it runs to find another monster - or a player who must be cured or suffer a terrible death eventually.

A monster capable of travelling up and down pits.

Ghostly creatures that can move and attack through gratings and similar obstacles.

Some very strong monsters might push the players back a square with some attacks. Tentacle type creatures might lash out from a square away and pull the party closer to it. These would be tricky to fight around pits.

Some weaker but cunning monster types might flee the player if on their own, only to attack when they find allies or the party is distracted by a different monster.

Gelatinous cube style monster that doesn't just attack, but simply wobbles into the party's square, enveloping them and dealing constant damage to a now immobilized and desperate party.

A magical creature that temporarily suppresses nearby light sources.

Tentacles attacking through grate implementations in walls and ceilings rather than just floors. Can possibly move around a wall section and attack from multiple locations rather than just the square they spawn in.
Asteroth

Post by Asteroth »

I definitely second the light suppressing monster and the pit traveling monster.

Both of those could be really scary.
I am the God of darkness and corruption.
viewtopic.php?f=14&t=4250
Greco

Post by Greco »

For me, and lot others probably, beholders are the nastiest monster ever encountered in a game. I still remember my first encounter, in the eye of the beholder 2 (I played first this and then relazied that it was the second part), back in 1990. The first reaction, upon meeting them, at the famous beholder level, in EOB2, was: what a nice full of eyes monster is this. And the second reation, some few secs later was: what the heck? Where is my whole team. They were all gone, 6 members in a few seconds!!! You see, I didn't expect such overwhelming death power accumulated in a single monster (death spells, disintegration, etc). After this first encounter, I took my measures adding all types of protection spells in my team, and trying to kill it as fast as I could. But they were really tough. I do remember that rarely, had I killed one of them, without having at least two of my party members eradicated! I really miss these monsters, since I do not remember them in another dungeon crawler rpg, since then (I think they do appear a little bit in baldur's gate 2, but without being so deadly), nor do I remember another type of creature with such vast devastating power in another rpg, since then. So please consider including them in Grimrock 2. It will be pure magic if you do. Every seriously hard, old shcool rpg, should have at least one beholder. If it has more, then it would be an all time classic!!!
So do you plan to have bring them back in grimrock 2?
JohnWordsworth

Post by JohnWordsworth »

Greco wrote:Every seriously hard, old shcool rpg, should have at least one beholder. If it has more, then it would be an all time classic!!!
Unfortunately, Beholders are an Intellectual Property owned by Wizards of the Coast. If AH did put them into Grimrock 2, I expect that they would be facing a lawsuit! Not even 'Pathfinder RPG', the table-top RPG based on Dungeons and Dragons, is allowed to have Beholders in - and that game is as D&D as you can get.
My Grimrock Projects Page with links to the Grimrock Model Toolkit, GrimFBX, Atlas Toolkit, QuickBar, NoteBook and the Oriental Weapons Pack.
Isaac

Post by Isaac »

JohnWordsworth wrote:
Greco wrote:Every seriously hard, old shcool rpg, should have at least one beholder. If it has more, then it would be an all time classic!!!
Unfortunately, Beholders are an Intellectual Property owned by Wizards of the Coast. If AH did put them into Grimrock 2, I expect that they would be facing a lawsuit! Not even 'Pathfinder RPG', the table-top RPG based on Dungeons and Dragons, is allowed to have Beholders in - and that game is as D&D as you can get.
There is at least one movie with a Beholder: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K1fNaDct_bA

Technically it's just the name; I doubt one could secure the rights to the idea. Obviously King's Bounty has Beholders; and they are called Beholders (Wasn't sure... Had to check).
FlashSoul

Post by FlashSoul »

Ah I was about to tell that then it's weird the game "Tibia" (which I played quite a bit over a decade ago) has a creature named "beholder"... but apparently they changed its name.