It's released on steam, but...

Talk about anything Legend of Grimrock 1 related here.
Arinvald

Re: It's released on steam, but...

Post by Arinvald »

Yeah I don't blame AH at all. This is Steam's screw-up. Last time I ever pre-order through them. :x
regomar

Post by regomar »

Jim Fear wrote:Just wanted to say that this is par for the course for steam. They almost NEVER release games on time. This isn't AH's fault at all, if people might have been thinking that. The standalone exe is available from humble, and the GOG people who preordered have their copy already.
This is all Steam. I pretty much knew this would happen, but I wanted to support the dev's, so I ordered from here.
I'd say be patient for the Steam release, but it's less about complaining and more about wanting to get what you pay for.
Except that the game is already released and people are playing it on Steam right now.

The ONLY people screwed over here are the ones that pre-ordered which isn't exactly normal.
darkling

Post by darkling »

Arinvald wrote:Yeah I don't blame AH at all. This is Steam's screw-up. Last time I ever pre-order through them. :x
Sure it's Steam's screwup. But why aren't AH working with Steam to sort this out? Why isn't this resolved yet? Why is there no word about this from ANYONE?
Nerkoon

Post by Nerkoon »

Somehow I get feeling that Steam thinks that pre-order is different game than Legend of Grimrock. I tested and even though I do have pre-order activated, I could have bought second copy of LoG to my Steam account which should not be possible at all.
Erith.fi

Post by Erith.fi »

Fear not, my friends, they are working on it
genosse

Post by genosse »

darkling wrote:
Arinvald wrote:Yeah I don't blame AH at all. This is Steam's screw-up. Last time I ever pre-order through them. :x
Sure it's Steam's screwup. But why aren't AH working with Steam to sort this out? Why isn't this resolved yet? Why is there no word about this from ANYONE?
Calm down dude, we all want to play this game, myself included of course, but we are not talking about a delivery of life-saving medication here - it's a game release running late. I am sure the devs are working on it and the whole matter will soon be forgotten while doing some excellent dungeon crawling. ;)
jfunk

Post by jfunk »

darkling wrote:
There is. They're working on it. I guess you didn't get your personal phone call so that means nothing is happening. :roll:
darkling

Post by darkling »

Erith.fi wrote:Fear not, my friends, they are working on it
Great. Good thing they posted this in the forums where people are talking about it. Oh wait.
evilskillit

Post by evilskillit »

Stand alone downloader worked fine and was very fast. So whether or not steam un-derps it's self between now and when I get home I'll be ready to play almost immediately. I'm not sure what steam's problem is, but it'll probably fix it's self within the next hour or 2. Personally I'm just happy to have what looks like such a great game at a great price. Can't wait to get home and dig in.
jfunk

Post by jfunk »

darkling wrote:
Erith.fi wrote:Fear not, my friends, they are working on it
Great. Good thing they posted this in the forums where people are talking about it. Oh wait.
I'm sure they'll be sure to check with you before all future communications.

Glad we got that sorted.