TotalBiscuit's WTF is Grimrock is now up

Talk about anything Legend of Grimrock 1 related here.
juho

Re: TotalBiscuit's WTF is Grimrock is now up

Post by juho »

Great video. I LOLed couple of times because I knew he was heading into trouble. :D

He played it pretty weirdly though; he used the free look to turn instead of using Q and E keys. But hey, it works that way also.
Follow me on Twitter: @JuhoMakingStuff
Mameluk

Post by Mameluk »

juho wrote:Great video. I LOLed couple of times because I knew he was heading into trouble. :D

He played it pretty weirdly though; he used the free look to turn instead of using Q and E keys. But hey, it works that way also.
Well, Q and E aren't commonly used for movement/camera these days, so it's not intuitive... gamers just aren't wired for dungeon crawls anymore.
Echnaton

Post by Echnaton »

He really wasnt very good. lol.
The Rogue was way behind in experience. And he never even used her.
takis76

Post by takis76 »

How this guy , have access to this?
The game is not published yet!!
Are your game testers?
Jack Dandy

Post by Jack Dandy »

Some game reviewers got early review copies, to get us all riled up. That's usually how it works.
Patchumz

Post by Patchumz »

takis76 wrote:How this guy , have access to this?
The game is not published yet!!
Are your game testers?
He's press. Press get early access to most games for press purposes (obviously).
Stalkingwolf

Post by Stalkingwolf »

Game looks awesome!
The 3D look with by holding the right mouse button is great.
He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster
Curunir

Post by Curunir »

juho wrote:
Many people, myself included, have spent a ridiculous amount of time playing first person shooters and first person Morrowing+ era games so I suppose I would start turning with the mouse too. Muscle memory, I suppose :)
jfunk

Post by jfunk »

Curunir wrote:
juho wrote:
Many people, myself included, have spent a ridiculous amount of time playing first person shooters and first person Morrowing+ era games so I suppose I would start turning with the mouse too. Muscle memory, I suppose :)
I get why it might be your first instinct, but you'd think he'd quickly come to the conclusion that pressing one key is just SOOO much more efficient than that constant "click-swipe" he's doing throughout the video.

If I played a game that actually did require me to turn in that manner, it would be my #1 complaint. That entire review would have revolved around the ridiculous control scheme.

It was actually making me want to reach through the screen and strangle him every time I heard that mouse click when he was turning.
Curunir

Post by Curunir »

jfunk wrote: It was actually making me want to reach through the screen and strangle him every time I heard that mouse click when he was turning.
Purist much? Chill a little, broski. Everyone can play the way they want to, that's the beauty of it, because the devs thought of everyone.