Why won't I buy the game...

Talk about anything Legend of Grimrock 1 related here.
PSY

Re: Why won't I buy the game...

Post by PSY »

SecretSantana wrote:My mouse wrist disagrees vehemently.
Get yourself a trackball or some ointment :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
https://psy-labs.com
Coders don't die, they just gosub without return
rakenan

Post by rakenan »

cacodaemon wrote:
Gabucino wrote:
Crash wrote:Unlike most other game developers, Almost Human does listen and consider feedback.
Arguments like this (just replace the developer's name) has been over used and proven false numerous times, unfortunately. But here I am, trying.

Anyway, thanks for the replies (alas, most of them is just white noise). My post was simply conveying a method to earn more well deserved cash by taking one day to code the keyboard support. As far as I can see there is obvious need for it.
Really? Do you really think that they would be earning cash by coding it in? Doubtful. The only obvious need for it is seen by you. Unless a large number of people were to ask for this (don't hold your breath) they wouldn't be earning anything other than a headache.
They'd also be earning themselves a reputation as an indie house that creates a badly imbalanced game in order to appease forum complainers. Seriously, developing the mouse agility to attack quickly and cast spells precisely is a substantial part of the challenge in the game. Much as I would love at least binding spell runes to the numeric keypad so I could dial them more quickly, I also recognize that it would make the game, or at least the part that involves casting spells, *MUCH* easier and more effective. I happen to think that mages could do with a buff to their general effectiveness, but a blanket "Let's make the game hugely easier" change to keybind everything would be pretty much game breaking.
Brodie301

Post by Brodie301 »

Here, here. Clap, clap, clap !
The FORCE is with me!!!
Gabucino

Post by Gabucino »

PSY wrote:WHAT??? Serioulsy? Nice...
Yep. Like, SPACE+C is "move left", SPACE+B is "move right", SPACE+M is "fire". Does not work in an emulator! :)
PSY wrote:Where are you from, anyway?
Hungary.
KonttuFIN

Post by KonttuFIN »

Really pointless topic.
Crash

Post by Crash »

rakenan wrote:Much as I would love at least binding spell runes to the numeric keypad so I could dial them more quickly, I also recognize that it would make the game, or at least the part that involves casting spells, *MUCH* easier and more effective.
There is a solution to this, although it would require playtesting to find the correct balance. If enabling the option to bind runes to keypad, increase the cooldown time for spellcasting, or reduce the effectiveness (and cost) of spellcasting. In DM, I don't recall any cooldown, so I would fire off spells as fast as I could find the runes - but the game was designed this way. If LoG II, + or whatever was to include this option, there is a way of balancing it. I'm not sure if there is any way to eliminate mouse for finding hidden switches, performing inventory management, etc... It would be hard to go back to pre-mouse days.

Cheers
Sagagemini

Post by Sagagemini »

I used mouse on EOB1,2 and 3. Using the keyboard would be awkward and slower. The only thing i agree was the spell system in LoG that really made mages an annoyance to bother playing with. Other than that i think you smoke some pot before posting.
Merethif

Post by Merethif »

Gabucino wrote:(...)
2. 'M' key mapped to manipulating (...) hidden switches (...)
3. Casting. (...) Just display a list (...)
4. "All Attack" on-screen button (...)
If those three game mechanisms had existed in LoG developers may have gained your support but would have probably lost mine.
I guess, if my math is correct, they haven't lost a single penny with not having you as a customer then.
pimpskinny wrote:What a weird thread to start. This is like me seeing a jacket in a store window, then going into the store just to tell the owner the reasons I won't buy the jacket. A normal person would just keep walking.

What's the point? Are you just trying to rub the Dev's noses in your personal dislike of a product that you haven't even bought? Just thank the person whose computer you borrowed to try out the game and leave it at that. :roll:
And +1 to this comment. It is indeed weird, but who knows, maybe OP seeing a jacket in a store window that he doesn't like, enters the store just to tell the owner the reasons why he won't buy the jacket.
Encephalon

Post by Encephalon »

Merethif wrote:
Gabucino wrote:(...)
2. 'M' key mapped to manipulating (...) hidden switches (...)
3. Casting. (...) Just display a list (...)
4. "All Attack" on-screen button (...)
If those three game mechanisms had existed in LoG developers may have gained your support but would have probably lost mine.
I guess, if my math is correct, they haven't lost a single penny with not having you as a customer then.
pimpskinny wrote:What a weird thread to start. This is like me seeing a jacket in a store window, then going into the store just to tell the owner the reasons I won't buy the jacket. A normal person would just keep walking.

What's the point? Are you just trying to rub the Dev's noses in your personal dislike of a product that you haven't even bought? Just thank the person whose computer you borrowed to try out the game and leave it at that. :roll:
And +1 to this comment. It is indeed weird, but who knows, maybe OP seeing a jacket in a store window that he doesn't like, enters the store just to tell the owner the reasons why he won't buy the jacket.
+1 to each of your comments, Merethif.
You know you're screwed when the light at the end of the hallway is an onrushing ogre wielding a torch.
Gabucino

Post by Gabucino »

+1 to everyone who disagreed with me.